Dow Jones & Company is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations via newspapers, Web sites, apps, video, newsletters, magazines, proprietary databases, conferences, and radio. Dow Jones has produced unrivalled quality content for over 100 years and today has one of the world’s largest news-gathering operations with 2,000 journalists in more than 50 countries, including The Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by total average circulation. Other premier brands include Barron’s, MarketWatch, Factiva, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones VentureSource, and DJX. Its information services publish in 13 languages and distribute content in 28 languages, combining technology with news and data to support business decision making. The company pioneered the first successful paid online news site and its industry leading innovation enables it to serve customers wherever they may be, via the Web, mobile devices, Internet-connected televisions, and tablets.
The Account Executive is responsible for selling sponsorships and local spot advertising for both local and nationally produced programming. Duties include coordinating the preparation, documentation and presentation of local sales packages; maintaining local account lists; identifying and developing potential new local advertisers; generating advertising revenues in accordance with budgetary goals; and preparing and reporting on proposed contractual sales agreements.
• Generate advertising revenues in accordance with specific budgetary goals.
• Identify and develops potential new local advertisers.
• Coordinate preparation of order, order execution, and post purchase reporting to client/ agency.
• Maintain and grows local account lists.
• Coordinate and executes the preparation, documentation, and presentation of local sales packages.
• Prepare and report on all proposed contractual sales agreements.
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Communications is highly preferred.
• A minimum of 3-5 years sales experience is necessary with prior advertising sales experience preferred.
• Prior advertising agency experience is a plus.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills are essential.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is needed.
• Excellent organizational and project management skills are required. Strong one on one and group presentations skills are essential. Strong knowledge of program ratings methodology is necessary.
• A demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective business relationships is essential.
Dow Jones: Making Careers Newsworthy
At Dow Jones, our managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.
Skills.Please click here to apply