Less than 20% of the $30B spent advertising online is being spent on true brand advertising. Most online advertising is still direct response in nature. The vast majority of the $300B spent in offline advertising is spent on brand advertising. People consume 26% of their media online, however it generates much less than that in advertising dollars. The discrepancy between mobile consumption and advertising is even greater.
Major brand advertisers know that their consumers are online and want to advertise there, but lack the measurement systems to give them confidence that they can wisely spend and manage advertising dollars online.
All of that is changing in the digital advertising marketplace.
Nielsen is seeking a talented and motivated Sales Executive with success selling to online media agencies. This person will be responsible for driving revenue growth, exceeding financial targets and growing the presence of Nielsen’s Online Campaign Ratings, Cross-Platform Campaign Ratings, Online Brand Effect, Mobile Brand Effect and other related products.
Skills / Attributes
• Highly motivated and results oriented
• Proven record of new business acquisition and development
• Outstanding analytical and strategic thinking skills; strong ability to think conceptually
• Strong consultative selling ability
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Excellent ability to influence and collaborate with others
• Professional and likeable demeanor
• Enthusiastic and energetic team player
• Strong quantitative orientation
• 4-7 years’ experience; understands the digital media space--media planning, buying and allocation, has familiarity with research and has worked in a client facing B2B role where he/she has demonstrated mastery of client relation
• Minimum Sales experience achieving significant revenue and market share growth
• Experience selling a complex, technology-based product or service
• Required sales experience: online ad sales, software as a service (SaaS), and/or research sales.
• Extensive contacts within the digital media industry
• Sample relevant companies:
o Agencies: Carat, OMD, Universal McCann, Mediavest, Digitas, Initiative
o Media Publishers: Yahoo, Collective Media, AOL, Tribal Fusion, Casale, Fox, IAC
o Ad Research: Dynamic Logic, Insight Express, Nielsen Factor TG, Comscore
o Ad Serving: Double Click, Atlas, 24/7 Real Media, AOL / Platform A, Right Media, etc.
o Software as a Service (SaaS): Salesforce.com, Success Factors, Google, Digital Ad
• Direct experience with online media buying/selling is a plus
• Experience with market research is a plus
• College degree required
Please click here to apply