The Retail Design Marketing Director will act as the Chief Marketing Advocate for the Retail Design and Contract Design Brands. These include (but are not limited to) GlobalShop, DDI Magazine, Contract Magazine and various related online and live, face-to-face components. The Marketing Director will be responsible for growing audience/subscriber and exhibitor/advertiser participation by developing and implementing a comprehensive marketing strategy that encompasses branding, marketing communications, market research and event content development.
The Marketing Director will be a creative, proactive and passionate team-player who is driven to succeed and is willing to roll up their sleeves to complete the task at hand. They will be organized, focused and willing to learn the served markets through immersion and an eagerness to learn. The ideal candidate will enjoy offering thoughtful ideas and seeing them come to fruition. Must be dependable and comfortable with wearing many hats and juggling several responsibilities.
• Working with show director and respective publishers, develop and manage sales and marketing plans for GlobalShop, DDI Magazine and Contract Magazine.
• Analyze campaign success and recommend new strategies to improve future sales and marketing efforts.
• Develop an intense knowledge of the retail design and contract design markets. Actively monitor these markets and identify new opportunities, segments, products and audience groups and make strategic recommendations on how to exploit these.
• Oversee the development, execution and monitoring of Marketing Communications plan in support of strategic brand objectives. Manage the creative design process for all marketing pieces.
• Work with sales, operations, conference and other internal teams to convey unified external communications.
• Ensure proper usage of the brands both internally and externally.
• Develop highly engaging copy for various audiences and for various media such as email, websites, print, presentations, press releases, social media, and more; thorough understanding of how to position event value for both Exhibitors/Advertisers and Attendee/Subscribers.
• Develop and manage prospect/customer lists, both for Exhibitors/Advertisers and Attendee/Subscribers.
• Develop and manage marketing budget.
• Perform against specific marketing goals and objectives.
• Vendor management. Ability to clearly articulate needs and deliverables with vendors and partners including photographers, printers, videographers, website designers and more.
Skills• B.S./B.A. Degree
• Computer literacy in MS Office, Goldmine (or other CRM). Some design softare and web development experience a plus.
• Experience and proficiency with SEO, mobile websites and various social media platforms.
• Direct marketing and database marketing experience.
• Must have excellent organizational and customer service skills.
• Must be a team player, capable of managing input from multiple sources and managing the process from start to finish.
• Tradeshow experience a plus.
• Retail and/or design experience a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Fluency in a foreign language a plus.
• Ability to travel to various shows and events throughout the year.
Please click here to apply