SDM-Kindle Worldwide Forecasting/Planning Systems
- Invent, architect, and build planning systems to deliver:
- Accurate and timely predictive demand forecasting models to project trends and volumes, driving supply commitments and distribution plans.
- Models of customer preferences, pricing sensitivity models, and economic models of lifetime value.
- A current snapshot of global inventory at various levels of abstraction down to the region/sku level.
- Maintain, update, and validate models with the latest internal and external data to continually improve accuracy of forecasting.
- Build interfaces to Amazon's internal systems, such as capacity and fulfillment systems.
- Recruit, hire, and train a new team of top technical talent to keep pace with the Kindle division's rapid global expansion.
- Deliver technical thought leadership to a highly analytical cross-functional team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline.
- 7+ years of experience as a software developer.
- Development expertise in OOP, Java and C++, Web services, and UNIX tools, including recent experience actively developing software.
- Experience gathering, storing, and leveraging “big data” for business intelligence and prediction use cases.
- Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and drive implementation of the right technical design.
- Demonstrated focus on continuous improvement of systems, software, and processes through analysis and metrics.
- Hands-on leadership with demonstrated success moving from long-term strategy to rolling up sleeves for day-to-day tactical implementation.
- Experience attracting, hiring, and maintaining top talent.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline .