Manager, Account Activation
Over $500 billion dollars is spent globally each year on brand advertising, and the number continues to grow. Marketers, however, are facing increasing pressure to justify their spending, clearly demonstrating the return produced from the marketing investment, in whatever medium. Given the majority of brand advertising dollars are spent on television, online, and increasingly in mobile, marketers are in need of technology solutions that allow them to both optimize and measure their campaigns in these media in real-time, ensuring they maximize the return on every dollar spent.
Nielsen’s advertising effectiveness practice is a cutting edge, technology-driven “start-up” inside the world’s largest market research organization, providing the first real-time, enterprise technology platform that allows advertisers and their partners in the media ecosystem to collaborate around measuring and optimizing the reach and resonance of television, online, and mobile advertising campaigns. We are currently seeking a confident, self-driven Activation Manager experienced in all aspects of digital advertising who thrives on managing and growing existing client business.
Our mission is to enable our customers to derive exceptional value from our solutions by teaching them to elicit actionable insights from our brand lift surveys. You will be on point for driving adoption and usage of several online Nielsen measurement products in our customer base while providing world-class customer service, with the ultimate goal of increasing revenue from existing customers. Partnering with our ad ops team, you will be servicing clients that primarily include brands, advertising agencies, ad networks, and publishing firms. This is a key role with great growth potential and ability to influence a number of different factors, including product, business development and operations …this isn’t the same-old account management position that you’ve seen at other companies!
• Acts as primary point-of-contact for Client.
• Leads day-to-day management of client campaigns.
• Partners with sales team to move new customers from trial to repeat business.
• Partners with ad ops team to deliver superior customer experience.
• Teaches our clients to interpret the results of our brand lift studies and leverage them in their business
• Leads account penetration, adoption and usage to achieve account growth targets.
• Proactively finds new ways to build the client’s businesses and to grow accounts.
• Masters and maintains knowledge of client's business, competition, and latest industry news and trends. Monitors billing and collection process for accuracy and timeliness.
• Bachelor’s degree, 5+ year’s previous client services / account management experience, 3+ years in the media industry.
• Understanding of the overall media and measurement/analytics landscape in advertising and marketing trends.
• Experienced with running/overseeing online advertising campaign and media operations.
• Day-to-day client management experience.
• Strong analytic and analytical skills
• Strong project management skills.
• Strong quantitative skills.
• Extremely organized and highly motivated.
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
• Experience giving presentations to clients.
• Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills
• Knowledge in the usage and operations of ad serving technologies a plus.
The ideal candidate will also have:
• Strong media industry network