PR Director, Brides
Public Relations Director, Brides
The Public Relations Director will establish and execute a press strategy confirming BRIDES’ position as the #1 wedding magazine and the leading authority in the bridal space—promoting awareness of all brand platforms (print, digital, new products, etc) to the consumer as well as the business community. PR Director will manage press of EIC and publisher, new business initiatives and the brand’s overall business story, as well as, oversee promotion of content and editors.
This position plays an important role in the overall brand strategy making the PR Director a pivotal member of the senior staff and key to the success and growth of the brand.
- Secure business coverage in trade and consumer press highlighting new product launches, innovation, partnerships, licensing, etc. as well as overall brand vitality including ad paging and audience growth stories.
- Conceive and craft smart, sophisticated and authoritative story lines and pitches.
- Work closely with Editor in Chief and Publisher to develop a year-long press strategy to expand brand awareness.
- Forge and maintain relationships with key figures in media.
- Work directly with executives, editors, and publishers on media opportunities.
- Optimize social media to help convey message.
- Ideate on initiatives/partnerships that will secure coverage.
- Follow all relevant press coverage and make sure senior staff members are informed on competitor news as well as the latest in print, digital, advertising news, etc.
- Manage the department’s budget.
- College degree required
- 5 + years of experience in media relations, with strong business and trade press experience and contacts
- Publicity driven with a keen sense of news and trends
- Excellent social media skills
- Team player with an ability to envision the big picture while focusing on the details
- Excellent written, verbal and diplomatic skills
- Strong organizational skills that allow for multitasking and meeting all deadlines
- Must be able to work quickly and effectively. No typos.
- Sense of humor
Conde Nast is renowned for provocative, influential, award winning content-across brands, across platforms, and across continents. In the United States, Conde Nast publishes 18 consumer magazines, four business-to-business publications, 27 websites, and more than 50 apps for mobile and tablet devices, all of which define excellence in their categories. The company also owns Fairchild Fashion Media (FFM), whose portfolio of brands serves as the leading source of news and analysis for the global fashion community. Conde Nast has won more National Magazine Awards over the past ten years than all of its competitors combined.
We’re committed to attracting new talent to keep us at the top of our business. If you are looking to be part of a culture of excellence marked by journalistic integrity and superior design, we invite you to explore this career opportunity and see how your talent and aspirations might fit within Conde Nast. Visit CondeNast.com and follow us on Twitter @CondeNastCorp and @CondeNastCareer.
Conde Nast is an equal opportunity workplace.
Duties and responsibilities may be adjusted based on years of experience.
Salary is also commensurate with experience.
Skills.Please click here to apply