Leading publisher in Newtown, CT seeks a creative, enthusiastic, and detail-oriented entry-level Junior Designer able to produce work for both print and web. Individual will join the Taunton Corporate Promotion group that services all areas of the Company – from business-to-business sales materials creation, to consumer-facing campaigns and promotions, and more. A person in this role will participate in the creation and execution of print, web, and collateral products under the direction of Promotion Director. This person will be involved in a mix of projects at various levels and should demonstrate strong aesthetic judgment, conceptual thinking, and competence across a range of design and production skills. Please submit cover letter, resume, and a link to your portfolio/website or PDF samples to our Taunton Career site at http://careers.taunton.com. EOE.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• With supervision from Promotion Director, will work on any phase of promotion materials development, from design and layout through production.
• Will be responsible for creation, execution, and production of print-based sales and promotions materials.
• Will be involved in various web-based projects and products including emails, web ads/banners, landing pages, and sweepstakes.
• College degree in Graphic Design or equivalent work experience. New/recent graduates welcome.
• Solid skills in Adobe CS (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) software in a Mac environment.
• Strong layout design skills and typographic sense
• Knowledge of HTML/HTML5 a plus
• Collaborative team player who is organized, detail oriented, and possesses strong communication and time-management skills.
SkillsSee Job DescriptionPlease click here to apply