Analyst, Video Ad Operations, Conde Nast Entertainment
Analyst, Video Ad Operations, Conde Nast Entertainment
Conde Nast Entertainment (CNE) is building a brand new video platform and hiring the best in class ad ops team to handle revenue delivery. This full time position will be working with a small, independent, and fast growing team led by industry veterans, who scaled the video business from scratch to its current billions of monthly views. With incredible content and brands behind our product, we’re scaling up quickly, monetizing the syndication and preparing for the sales demand.
Do you want to be on the ground floor of building our process and culture? Are you hungry to learn, leave your comfort zone, and rush to fill the ever growing needs? Are you passionate about delivering and finding value for video advertising? Are you always trying to keep the customer satisfied? If so, come be awesome with us.
The Video Advertising Operations Analyst will support and build the team responsible for campaign scheduling and delivering video advertising across channels. The role will support operational responsibilities and use good judgment in performing day-to-day tasks in support of the digital revenue growth. The Analyst will need to make independent decisions when working on assigned projects and in resolving potential issues.
The Video Advertising Operations Analyst will be responsible for implementing online advertising campaigns across a network of well-established sites. The role will be based in NYC and will eventually support multinational ad sales initiatives. Due to the pioneering and involved nature of the team, responsibilities will be many and varied, so the candidate should have strong passion for digital video and innate execution accountability. .
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Online advertising experience and working understanding of the media industry.
- Ability to read and understand insertion orders.
- Knowledge of industry terminology.
- Experienced knowledge of ad trafficking and ad serving, working with industry vendors (FreeWheel and DFP Video strongly preferred; recommended experience with 3rd-party ad servers, Doubleclick, Atlas, Vindico, Eyeblaster, SalesForce, etc.)
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills (written and spoken)
- Demonstrated excellent computer skills (especially with Microsoft's Excel)
- Proficiency in HTML, Flash (development and troubleshooting) and other Rich media Formats
- Strong work ethic and detail-orientated problem solver (capacity for meticulous review of campaign data auditing and entry)
- Ability to handle and prioritize heavy workload with high email volume, mediating many demands and requests
- Positive attitude and a strong commitment to client service excellence; effective team player with strong resiliency
- Relevant college experience
Daily Responsibilities include:
1. Execute and traffic interactive advertising campaigns in ad servers and ad management platform for sales accounts
- Interface with FreeWheel’s M.R.M and DoubleClick’s D.A.R.T. for Publishers to upload creative and schedule content delivery
- Perform QA tests on advertising material to ensure technical specifications are met and assets are ready to launch
- Operate across 3rd party adservers, rich media, conversion, and retargeting vendors to manage multiple assets
2. Manage processes to ensure revenue delivery and advertiser goals are being met on schedule
- Administer advertising campaigns across multiple sites with varied specs and inventory constraints
- Ensure ad creative and materials are received with sufficient lead-time to allow timely uploading
- Track and report advertising activities as requested by advertisers and sales team by providing access/distributing campaign delivery, analysis and performance reports
- Help to administer campaign data and tracking using sales tools (Salesforce, Peoplesoft, etc.)
- Attend weekly meetings as needed for campaign review and audit
3. Optimize campaign performance based on client goals by partnering with sales and planning teams, clients, agencies, and production & business development
- Liaise with sales teams (plus client and agencies, if applicable) to ensure campaign fulfillment
- Advise on best practice to further business objectives and help drive repeat business
- Optimize and make changes to campaigns in flight when necessary
4. Support advertising sales team with day to day operational concerns with excellent client services
- Assist in maintaining and communication of specs to sales, clients and agencies
- Keep up-to-date on advertising requirements and trafficking processes for the network as well as local programming and site changes to better facilitate advertising sponsorships.
- Analyze delivery to provide creative troubleshooting and targeting optimizations, partnering with sales planning to ensure campaign satisfaction
- 1-2 years’ experience with online adserving (extensive work with FreeWheel is recommended)
- Proven experience with interactive media and advertising
- Demonstration of excellent computer skills (Microsoft Excel)
Thinking and Problem Solving
- Develops creative solutions and approaches in solving issues; makes connections between
cause and effect
- Identifies and anticipates delivery issues; provides clear judgment and straightforward analysis
- Consults with stakeholders and considers a range of procedures and information to assess and correct delivery
- Organizes and summarizes in an effective manner
Personal Effectiveness with Planning, Organizing and Taking Initiative
- Proactively prioritizes and organizes work to deliver on deadline
- Contributes to the development of project plans and achievable goals
- Pays meticulous attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Constantly improves and persists to be resourceful and deliver results to client satisfaction
- Bias towards action to seek opportunity and act quickly
Interpersonal Skills & Communication
- Contributes effectively in team meetings, sharing experiences, challenges and ideas
- Considers priorities and interests of sales team and clients; mediates accordingly with
- Communicates in a clear and well-structured way over e-mail, phone and in person
- Presents key information in a style which is useful to others and adapts approach based on
audience and feedback.
Conde Nast is renowned for provocative, influential, award winning content-across brands, across platforms, and across continents. In the United States, Conde Nast publishes 18 consumer magazines, four business-to-business publications, 27 websites, and more than 50 apps for mobile and tablet devices, all of which define excellence in their categories. The company also owns Fairchild Fashion Media (FFM), whose portfolio of brands serves as the leading source of news and analysis for the global fashion community. Conde Nast has won more National Magazine Awards over the past ten years than all of its competitors combined.
We’re committed to attracting new talent to keep us at the top of our business. If you are looking to be part of a culture of excellence marked by journalistic integrity and superior design, we invite you to explore this career opportunity and see how your talent and aspirations might fit within Conde Nast. Visit CondeNast.com and follow us on Twitter @CondeNastCorp and @CondeNastCareer.
Conde Nast is an equal opportunity workplace.
Duties and responsibilities may be adjusted based on years of experience.
Salary is also commensurate with experience.
Skills.Please click here to apply