Reporting to the Senior Director of Communications, the Communications Manager serves as writer, editor, advisor, and production supervisor for internal and external communications initiatives across a variety of media. The Communications Manager brings a strategic approach to all projectsdeveloping communications plans; identifying specific tactics to achieve project goals; and implementing tactics to meet deadlines.
The Communications Manager collaborates closely with colleagues on the web/digital, marketing strategy and creative services teams to implement communications initiatives. This position also builds and maintains relationships with key content generators across the organization in order to identify important news and clinical/research innovations appropriate for dissemination.
The Communications Manager serves as Managing Editor for a number of key publications; plays a critical role in the evolution of current publications and the development of new ones; and works to inform and engage internal and external audiences and support strategic reputation-building goals.
- Develops editorial recommendations, reports, writes, manages freelance writers, edits and oversees production/distribution for internal news magazines;
- As a leader on the editorial team, works to ensure content alignment with organizational goals, priorities and messages across communication vehicles;
- Works with the communications team to project manage a variety of print and interactive communications that are part of larger strategic initiatives;
- Develops content for internal and external print and interactive communications, including brochures, newsletters, Internet/intranet, e-screens; translates content across media;
- Develops and enforces editorial standards;
- Builds, manages and continuously reviews/improves work processes;
- Writes/edits speeches, talking points and presentations as needed.
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong editorial sensibility in terms of content and design
- Strong project leadership/management skills
- Experience managing production/project schedules
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently, and collaboratively within teams, on multiple projects with shifting deadlines and priorities
- Takes initiative
- Ability to exercise discretion and judgement in sensitive matters
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications; knowledge of graphic design programs is a plus
Please send email to Desiree Williams at email@example.com