Visual Design Strategist
The Visual Design Strategist develops and implements specific strategies for the University's Office of Development Communications, key fundraising initiatives, and offices/clients within the Office of Development. He/She plays an integral role in the development of visual messaging for these entities and oversees the effective application of structural, informational, visual, and interactive articulation across media: Web, print and electronic. He/She interacts with and guides key stakeholders to ensure the needs of Development projects are met.
- Conceive and articulate informational, visual, and technical strategies that successfully meet client communications needs across media
- Conduct analysis of client needs and audience goals; guide clients through the process of clearly defining and articulating their goals and vision for each project
- Serve as a frontline creative talent for all projects that require a primary visual treatment and collaborate on other projects. Projects include new and updated print materials, invitations, flyers, books, newsletters, websites, e-newsletters, logos, posters, programs, etc.
- Apply Web communication best practices for designing usable interfaces
- Adhere to University standards for Web, print, and multimedia design
- Synthesize and create project scope and budget proposals. Craft task definitions and timelines for implementation.
- Work collaboratively with supervisors, clients, writers, editors, programmers, and developers
- Serve as adviser on design to others in Development Communications and in the Office of Development
- Resolve problems and communicate with stakeholders. Serve as a project manager, when appropriate.
- Represent the office and the University with vendors and in peer groups, as well as at professional forums, meetings, conferences, and seminars.
The employee must be a highly analytical thinker with prior project management experience. He/She must be collaborative and an effective communicator; possess a strong customer service orientation; be able to think creatively and strategically; and have a track record of providing effective strategic communication solutions for a diverse community and within a changing environment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum of 4-6 years' experience in visual design strategy within an academic, nonprofit, corporate, or consulting setting
- Excellent visual design skills, including knowledge ranging from typography and graphics to logo development and color theory; ability to apply in all media; knowledge of printing processes
- Excellent organizational and project management skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple complex projects serving various customers with available resources
- Ability to respond quickly to changing business needs and priorities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and a track record in developing innovative solutions
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion in handling highly confidential material
- Advanced written/oral/interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of typography, graphics, logo development and color theory, and ability to apply in all media
- Knowledge of printing processes such as offset and digital print technologies
- Knowledge of image and layout manipulation programs including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Quark
- Ability to work in MAC and PC environments.
- Experience working with development/fundraising organizations
- Knowledge of Princeton University and higher education
- Graduate coursework or equivalent work experience in user experience design and visual design
Apply Here PI65200840 Apply here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/nh5z5m5