Research Scientist - Machine Learning
· 4+ years industry experience as a Research Scientist or Software Development Engineer
· Experience working with large data sets in order to extract business insights or build predictive models
· Ability to build prototype software using a modern programming language such as Java, C/C++, Perl, Python, Ruby etc.
· MS or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field
· 6+ years industry experience as a Research Scientist or Software Development Engineer
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to mathematically-trained engineers as well as to business leaders at the appropriate level of detail
· Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives
· Prior experience in the online advertising domain
· Familiarity with statistical software packages or libraries such as R, SAS, weka etc.
The ideal candidate will have deep knowledge of and experience in at least one of the following areas, and preferably knowledge of more than one area:
· Machine Learning
· Applied Statistics and Data Mining
· Information Retrieval and Web Search
· Game Theory and Auction Theory