Senior Associate, Communications (Digital)
The Pew Charitable Trusts is driven by the power of knowledge to solve today’s most challenging problems. Pew applies a rigorous, analytical approach to improve public policy, inform the public and stimulate civic life.
We are an independent nonprofit organization – the sole beneficiary of seven individual trusts established between 1948 and 1979 by two sons and two daughters of Sun Oil Company founder Joseph N. Pew and his wife, Mary Anderson Pew.
Our work lays the foundation for effective policy solutions by informing and engaging citizens, linking diverse interests to pursue common cause and insisting on tangible results. Our projects encourage efficient, responsive governments – at the local, state, national and international levels – serving the best interests of the people. We partner with a diverse range of donors, public and private organizations and concerned citizens who share our interest in fact-based solutions and goal-driven investments to improve society.
With offices in Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., Brussels and London and staff in other regions of the United States as well as Australia, Pew provides an exciting learning environment and the opportunity to work with highly talented individuals. We are a dynamic, rapidly evolving organization that values creativity and innovative thinking and fosters strong teamwork with mutual respect.
The Communications Department
The Communications department supports leaders at all levels of the institution to promote project and campaign efforts, inform key audiences, and protect and advance the Pew brand. The department provides a comprehensive range of communications services for all programmatic and administrative units and Trusts-operated projects. Our in-house expertise includes: strategy and message development; editorial support; design and creative services; media event planning; digital and video production and social media. The unit oversees all communications policies, guidelines and processes in order to manage the Pew brand, ensure production of the highest quality work and effectively steward Pew’s resources.
The Senior Associate, Digital is located in Washington, DC., is a member of the Communications department and reports to the Manager, Digital. He/she is responsible for day-to-day management of Pew’s electronic newsletters and various social media accounts.Job Requirements
- * Responsible for the creation and distribution of various institutional email newsletters.
- * Writes or edits content for email newsletters and social media.
- * Creates and manages newsletter, calendar, coordinating with Government Relations department.
- * Reviews, monitors, collects and reports analytics for organizational E-mail marketing efforts.
- * Contributes to and participates in tasks and special projects as assigned by the Director, Digital.
- * Responsible for managing various social media channels such as twitter handles via Hootsuite Enterprise.
- * Maintains integrity of mailing lists.
- * Bachelor’s degree with minimum of five years professional experience.
- * Must have excellent oral communications, writing, editing and research skills and be able to work individually and in groups to meet goals.
- * Proven ability to frame and draft cogent written messages.
- * Strong strategic and tactical Web editorial skills, honed by previous Web site management experience in either the for-profit or non-profit sectors.
- * Hands-on experience with Email marketing database tools such as Eloqua, Convio and Exact Target.
- * Hands-on experience with social media tools such as Sprout Social or Hootsuite Enterprise.
- * Demonstrated ability to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, organize time and identifies resources for projects as needed.
- * Professional experience in digital communications and/or interactive project management with an agency, corporation or nonprofit organization is preferred.
- * Experience with Google Adwords a plus.
- * Understanding and knowledge of HTML, CSS and action-script protocols is a plus.
- * Sound consultation and relationship management skills.
- * Experience in advertising, information technology, design or writing is a plus.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package, including four weeks of vacation, a generous 401(k) plan and flexible benefit options.
Minimal travel anticipated.
Pew is an equal opportunity employer.