Interactive Art Director
We are looking for a fun, fearless designer with strong illustration, visual storytelling and interaction design skills to produce breakthrough, viral and humorous work on Cosmopolitan.com.
Work closely with a cross-discipline team of writers, product managers and engineers to update Cosmo’s online brand and craft modern content experiences that will entertain, inspire and build relationships with a large online audience.
- You love irreverent, unapologetic female-focused content: sex, celebrity, fashion and beauty
- You are obsessed with the internet and possess a keen understanding of the kinds of visuals people share across social networks like Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr and Twitter
- You are an illustrator/cartoonist
- You have the ability to turn projects around apace with the rapid internet news cycle
- You design visual experiences that are as sophisticated as they are entertaining
- You engage with the web design community and stay updated on fresh ideas and innovations in our rapidly changing industry
- You are excited to evolve the role of digital art director using new tools, processes and philosophies including responsive/future-friendly design principles
- Strong and brand-relevant visual design, typography and illustration skills presented in an online portfolio
- Expert knowledge of related software (from Adobe CS to Keynote to new tools on the market)
- Some front-end coding skills / working knowledge of CSS, HTML.
- Successfully worked on & launched responsive design projects
- Strong knowledge of user-centered design practices
- 5+ years experience working as a digital designer with relevant college degree
Hearst Digital is changing!
- We are creating a space where talented people come together to create new, innovative products that are relevant to the lives of millions of people around the world.
- We’re looking for people who reject the ordinary, the tried, the safe. We’re looking innovators driven by a need to learn, to think, to change, to hack, to invent.
- We’re a fun and diverse group of people: startup founders, passionate product advocates, inventive coders, engaging writers. We love learning from, and sparring with, each other.
- We’re united by a common purpose: we want to connect people. To each other. To ideas. To things that help them lead more fulfilling lives.
Come build amazing things here!
What does Hearst offer?
- Work with, and learn from, best-in-class teams
- Fast paced and challenging projects
- Tremendous autonomy
- Diverse and forward-thinking leadership
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Onsite App Lab
- State-of-the-art Green building
- On-site Movie theater
- In-house digital studio