Photo Studio Manager, Fairchild Fashion Media
Photo Studio Manager, Fairchild Fashion Media – Photo Studio
The Photo Studio Manager will oversee all day-to-day operations for two in-house digital photography studios. This position will manage a team of photographers, as well as supervise the Photo Coordinator and Photo Facilitator on daily tasks.
- Oversee production and booking for WWD women’s fashion photo shoots including scouting & booking locations, hair & makeup artists and set stylists, props transportation and catering. Process invoices and maintain shoot budget.
- Act as liaison between publications and photographers to communicate artistic direction needs.
- Compile reports on shoot assignments, studio usage, and department budget for Photo Director.
- Review portfolios, interview photographers, and arrange for new rights contracts when hiring new freelance photographers.
- Manage FP Photo Assignment system including addressing and resolving application errors and adding new users.
- Ensure the photo studio stays current with industry standards by arranging for new or updated software and determining what photo equipment purchases are necessary.
- Minimum 5 years of experience required
- Ability to multitask in a very fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills and professional demeanor
- Love and knowledge of photography
- Experience negotiating production and location fees for photo shoots
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends when needed
Fairchild Fashion Media (WWD, Style.com, FN, M, NowManifest.com, Summits) is the leading source of fashion news and analysis for industry leaders and the global fashion community. Our brands deliver the most immediate, credible and comprehensive coverage from the most trusted voices in fashion journalism. FFM fuels the business decisions of industry executives and satisfies the passions of the truly fashion-obsessed worldwide.
Conde Nast is renowned for provocative, influential, award winning content-across brands, across platforms, and across continents. In the United States, Conde Nast publishes 18 consumer magazines, four business-to-business publications, 27 websites, and more than 50 apps for mobile and tablet devices, all of which define excellence in their categories. The company also owns Fairchild Fashion Media (FFM), whose portfolio of brands serves as the leading source of news and analysis for the global fashion community. Conde Nast has won more National Magazine Awards over the past ten years than all of its competitors combined.
We’re committed to attracting new talent to keep us at the top of our business. If you are looking to be part of a culture of excellence marked by journalistic integrity and superior design, we invite you to explore this career opportunity and see how your talent and aspirations might fit within Conde Nast. Visit CondeNast.com and follow us on Twitter @CondeNastCorp and @CondeNastCareer.
Conde Nast is an equal opportunity workplace.
Duties and responsibilities may be adjusted based on years of experience.
Salary is also commensurate with experience.
Skills.Please click here to apply