Search Engine Marketing Manager
NBCUniversal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal's affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: This position will lead Paid Search Engine Marketing initiatives for NBC News Digital, including day-to-day campaign management of traffic driving campaigns for iVillage.com and developing strategies to support important editorial and business initiatives across the NBC News Digital portfolio. Essential Responsibilities:
- Perform day-to-day campaign management activities for Paid Search and paid marketing campaigns, including bid management, budget allocation, performance monitoring, ad copy testing, and ongoing optimization.
- Contribute to the development and execution of strategies for traffic driving campaigns, including developing strategic roadmaps, test plans, and risk/benefit analysis; as well as analyzing results and developing actionable insights
- Coordinate traffic driving to high value content areas in support of advertising needs by collaborating with both edit and sales teams on where and when traffic is needed.
- Conduct regular reporting and analysis on campaign performance to evaluate ROI against key metrics and rigorously optimize spending to drive maximum value.
- Collaborate with edit and social team on identifying potentially viral content and provide paid marketing support at content launch.
- Track and manage spending across vendors and business units against budget and assist finance team in projecting spending on an ongoing basis.
- Display effective project management skills, balancing timelines, business needs and costs
- Continually monitor new advancements in SEM, evaluate new vendors and develop process for testing and experimenting.
- Lead onboarding process with new vendors and manage existing vendor relationships, including collaborating with legal team on getting agreements and IOs in place, as well as submitting invoices to finance and accounts payable.
- Active monitoring and sharing of industry news, on-line marketing trends, industry tools, and internal cross-team insights, particularly those that can benefit Search Engine Optimization and Social Media efforts.
- Work comfortably in dynamic, time intensive environments where consistent fire drills and competing priorities are commonplace; Must manage expectations and priorities
- 3 years of Paid Search Engine Marketing experience
- Experience managing campaigns using leading search engines, including Google and Bing
- Experience managing campaigns using content recommendation engines and social networks, including Outbrain, Stumbleupon and Facebook.
- Strong analytics skills including experience with web analytics tools, preferably Omniture SiteCatalyst and/or Google Analytics
- Mastery of Excel, including extensive data manipulation, along with tactical execution including: pivot tables, V/H Look-ups, concatenation, macros, etc.
- Energetic personality and passionate about the Search industry
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Passion to continuously improve and learn