Mobile UX Designer
Zappos IP, Inc is looking for an Mobile UX Designer!
Why join us? Our unique culture has made Zappos.com, Inc. and its subsidiaries one of FORTUNE’s 100 Best Companies to Work For 5 years straight.
Why else? We offer an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision and 401k!
And . . . we're hiring like crazy right now and looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers to join our world-class and fairly wacky team.
Oh, and one more thing! Cover letters are cool, but do you know what’s even cooler?! Show us who you are with a cover letter VIDEO! You will be able to upload one when applying for this position. (Video cover letters are not required, but if you wanna do one, we wanna see it!)
We’re looking for a creative designer/UI/UX meister to join our small but fast-moving Mobile team. This position will ask you to wear many different hats as we build out the next cool thing on mobile. It will require you to be involved in everything from early brainstorming through to execution and refinement. You'll be working collaboratively with our Mobile engineers and Product Managers to come up with kick-butt ideas. No throwing deliverables over the fence in this position!
You should have a solid understanding of user-centered design principles, excellent visual design skills, great technical know-how, and a proven expertise in interaction design. You have great ideas and can express them in a variety of different ways, be it a whiteboard, Photoshop, OmniGraffle,, charades or smoke signals. You'll also be able to interpret the team’s ideas and translate those into presentable documents.
Your creative eye has a keen sense for color, typography, layout and usability. Your designs have a high level of attention to detail and polish is your middle name.
You have the ability to come up with ideas and UI's that marry business problems, customer needs and innovation all in a useful package.
While not the most technical person is needed for this role, you should be a design freak and mobile geek. Stood in line for an iPhone for more than an hour? Watched the live blogging of Steve Jobs keynote at WWDC? Then you'll be right at home with this group. You'll also know the capabilities of the various platforms, the best practices and the upcoming features that are coming out.
You thrive in a fast environment that's light on paperwork and heavily focused on shipping great ideas. In this environment you'll have to be a team player and it's absolutely essential that you enjoy working with others, thrive on the collective energies of others but can swallow your pride if your idea is saved for a later time.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
* Have a passion for design, user experience, customer service and mobile
* An ability to produce appropriate sketches, wireframes, navigation models, highly-polished look and feel drawings, illustrations, diagrams, etc. in a very iterative environment
* Proven experience defining, developing, and documenting UX design and interaction requirements/specifications
* A strong understanding of modern web practices to create an efficient user-experience
* Mastery of color, layout and typography
* An eye for detail and a proven track record producing consistent clean icons, graphics, and layouts for web and applications
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Consistent with and exemplifies our Core Values
* Must have legal authorization to work in the United States
* Some travel necessary
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Web/Graphic Design or related discipline, or equivalent working experience.
**Please provide a portfolio of sites designed, either online or with attached files. **
Zappos IP, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace.