Director, Account Activation
Over $500 billion dollars is spent globally each year on brand advertising, and the number continues to grow. Marketers, however, are facing increasing pressure to justify their spending, clearly demonstrating the return produced from the marketing investment, in whatever medium. Given the majority of brand advertising dollars are spent on television, online, and increasingly in mobile, marketers are in need of technology solutions that allow them to both optimize and measure their campaigns in these media in real-time, ensuring they maximize the return on every dollar spent.
A Job Opportunity of a Lifetime
Lead the exciting team that works to activate clients on Nielsen’s proprietary online measurement tools! The Account Activation team is like none other, part sales, part educators, part problem solvers. They are creative, entrepreneurial and engaged. And, they need a leader in San Francisco who can tap into this energy and lead them in continued success! The Activation team knows how to empower their clients to manage their suite of measurement tools, interpret results and optimize in real time! The Nielsen technology platform even allows advertisers and their partners to collaborate around measuring and optimizing online and mobile advertising campaigns.
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned account management professional - with a proven track record building and managing teams that have delivered world-class service and analytic support to demanding customers, while growing revenue in their account base. As Director of the West Coast Activation team, you will be on point for leading your team in driving adoption and usage of several Nielsen online measurement products in our customer base, while providing excellent customer service with the ultimate goal of increasing revenue from existing customers. Partnering closely with several cross -functional teams, you will be servicing clients that primarily include brands, advertising agencies, ad networks, and online publishing firms. This is a key role with great growth potential and ability to influence many different critical aspects of our business, including sales, product, business development and operations …this isn’t the same-old account management position that you’ve seen at other companies!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Hire, manage and develop staff as needed to build a high performing team. Provide regular and ongoing coaching around quarterly objectives and priorities as well as routine and unique customer requirements.
• Collaborate with internal departments to maximize sales opportunities (against scale vs. non scaled clients) and ensure high client satisfaction and retention; deliver quarterly growth targets against installed customer base
• Engage with your team’s clients to enable them to leverage data driven results in their business. Grow accounts by driving a deeper understanding and appreciation across all Nielsen digital solutions.
• Ensure “Sale to Scale” process is followed to move new customers from trial to repeat business
• Working with the VP of Account Activation, strategize how to meet our overall targets, improve group performance, and propagate best practices developed in different offices across the entire organization.
• Drive client integrations (technical, process, and/or people) with the purpose of developing deeper relationships and locking in revenue
• Continuously search for, recommend and implement process improvements; take a leadership role in fostering a quality improvement mindset.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 8+ years previous client services / account management experience, 3+ years in the media industry working with agencies and online publishers, preferably around digital ad effectiveness
• 3+ years experience leading a team of professionals to reach and exceed specific revenue and non-financial goals
• Experienced with running/overseeing online advertising campaigns and media operations
• Strong quantitative, analytical and project management skills
• Extremely organized and highly motivated
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills
• Ability to assess client needs effectively and address needs through new products and services
• Ability to travel (mainly West Coast)
• Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills. Knowledge of Salesforce.
• Knowledge of all aspects of the interactive advertising ecosystem
The ideal candidate will also have:
• Strong media industry network
• Strong understanding of the brand advertising ecosystem
• Managerial experience