Executive News Editor, Cosmopolitan (2141)
- Oversee all news coverage on Cosmopolitan.com. Beats should include politics, entertainment, health research, and human interest stories.
- Work closely with site editor to shape the voice and vision for news on Cosmopolitan.com to turn it into the top news site for women.
- Work with an in-house team of editors, bloggers, and freelancers to produce both original and aggregated news content.
- Run daily lineup meetings with news team.
- Work with homepage editor to promote news stories.
- Create strategies for covering major events, like award shows and elections.
- Work with social media manager to create strategies for covering news on social media channels, particularly Twitter.
- Work with video team to produce original videos to enhance news coverage.
Requirements – Minimum five years experience covering news online. Should have a passion for women's and new media and possess expertise in women's political issues. Ideal candidate has voracious appetite for social media, especially Twitter.