Senior Research Analyst
Nielsen's Financial Services Research team is looking for an experienced Senior Research Analyst that will be:
- Responsible for generating database queries, preparing reports in Excel and creating PowerPoint presentations to support clients' data needs.
- Create in-depth research analyses through hands-on exploration of complex databases. Initiate discussion / raise questions when elements of the data are inconsistent with prior findings or expectations. May design and implement custom surveys and analyze and interpret findings.
- Oversee preparation and review of reports in Excel using charts and graphs as well as PowerPoint presentations that analyze syndicated, custom and/or survey data. Work as part of a team to create research solutions.
- Decide on the correct analytic approach(es) of custom research. Oversee preparation and review of reports in Excel using charts and graphs as well as PowerPoint presentations that analyze syndicated as well as custom survey data; decide the best way to present the data.
- Listen in and participating in on client calls; Occasional email to client with follow up data and and answers to inquiries.
3-5 years experience.
Knowledge of marketing and advertising a plus.
Strong interpersonal skills required.
Very strong quantitative, data tabulation, analytic thinking and data mining skills.
Excellent skills with Microsoft Office suite of products.
Effective organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
Strong written communication skills.