Sr Web Editor, Country Living
The Senior Web Editor is responsible for organizing, developing and implementing the programming of CountryLiving.com to ensure alignment with brand objectives, optimization of usage and engagement growth, style and voice of site. The Senior Editor manages the day-to-day publishing of both original and repackaged web content, maintaining the integrity of the content to deliver on internal and external goals and schedules. In this position, the Senior Editor must ensure all programming and content is posted in a manner that keeps the site timely and current and meets commitments to print magazine, ad sponsors and other site partners.
The Editor’s daily duties may include the following:
1. Organize, edit, copyedit and manage the posting of repackaged and original Web content to CountryLiving.com, guiding the work of the other Web editors and freelance writers to ensure published content meets brand standards and objectives.
2. Support day-to-day editorial operations of the site, directing the junior Web editor in executing completion of assignments on deadline.
3. Maintain the site’s editorial calendar, assigning stories to in-house and freelance writers/editors to fill content gaps to plan short- and long-term site programming.
4. Support the site’s syndication efforts, pitching content to partners ranging from Yahoo to MSN and delivering assets to partners in a timely fashion.
5. Monitor content to keep the site current, ensuring prompt elimination of any technical or content errors, or content that is out of date or no longer functional.
6. Project manage tasks that require input from design and production.
7. Partner with the Photo and Video editors and other site editors to acquire and program additional photos, video and other content when appropriate to the coverage and packaging of content.
8. Develop, plan and deliver high impact content, including content packages, mega galleries, etc., that engage visitors and boost traffic.
9. Repackage content as needed for key external partners, troubleshoot partner issues as they arise, and facilitate new partner programs as directed.
10. Collaborate with sales and marketing teams to execute sponsor packages and respond to RFPs.
11. Acquire and utilize full working knowledge of custom templates and assign them accordingly.
12. Produce/build content using CMS and other in-house tools.
13. Project manage and implement SEO-driven programming strategies.
14. Implement strategy for audience growth/engagement through platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Google+.
15. Execute content packages around Google Analytics trends and sponsorship needs.
16. Add in-line links to archived content whenever possible.
17. Track performance in Omniture to help develop future programming strategies.