The Managing Editor is responsible for leading the development of key knowledge cycle products for our community and sponsors.
GovLoop is a rapidly growing knowledge network connecting over 100,000+ government employees. Our community is a mix of GovLoop employee-created and user-generated content in the forms of blogs, discussions, research guides, online webinars, and more with a singular focus on helping people in government do their jobs better.
The Managing Editor supervises the day-to-day operations of the content team from blog posts to research guides to industry perspectives. The work is one part custom content and one part editorial-focused. You’ll ensure that all editorial, production, and marketing content is of the highest quality and ensure content is engaging, targeted, and relevant to our government audience.
As the Managing Editor, you are both player (writer) and coach (editor) and will be responsible for overseeing our website and email communication and serve as part of the GovLoop leadership team.
The Managing Editor reports to the President of GovLoop.
- • Supervises the operations of the content department and helps staff writers and community members to produce daily blog posts and long-form reports
- • Engages with content contributors (internal and external) to ensure consistency and quality of relevant content
- • Organizes knowledge cycle content, programs and products
- • Create and manage an editorial calendar based on planned activities
- • Coordinates and leads the editorial and production process for all knowledge products
- • Works with VP, Business Development on overall coordination of content and business products
- • Create thought-leader content, contributing content and opinions in a variety of forums, including blogs, Web, and related digital content
- • Works with our content team to set and execute research visions (guides, infographs, industry perspectives)
- • Research and draft knowledge cycle products, including guides, infographs, and blog posts
- • Research and draft sponsor-based content, including industry perspective and blog posts
- • Coordinate with design lead for completion of knowledge-cycle products
- • Coordinate with marketing lead to ensure audience for completed products
- • Create weekly thought leadership content
- • Day-to-day manager for GovLoop content team
- • Coordinates weekly content meeting and contributes constructive and helpful feedback to improve team
- • Maintain positive relations with corporate clients by meeting their expectations
- • Analyze content performance and adapt as necessary to meet and exceed clients readership goals
- • Participate in developing business strategies through existing and new products for GovLoop sponsors and partners
You have demonstrated many of the following:
- • 5+ years of experience in working in media, preferably in or around the public sector
- • Experience or interest in custom media
- • Experience managing or leading teams of writers
- • Utilizes technology-based tools and processes to execute programs
- • Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- • Understands and applies procedures, regulations, and policies related to areas of specialized expertise
GovLoop is the leading knowledge network for government where more than 100,000 federal, state, and local public sector employees connect and collaborate around their common challenges and interests. GovLoop has been featured in over 125 articles from the Wall Street Journal to the Washington Post and has won the 2009 Federal 100 Award, 2009 AFCEA Social Media Award, and Government Technology's 2010 GovDoers, Dreamers, and Drivers Award.
Join GovLoop (a division of GovDelivery) and be a part of a growing, dynamic team that is working to achieve our mission of "connecting government to improve government." As part of the GovLoop team, you will be helping us build and nurture a unique community for government employees that adapts the best practices from Facebook, Good Magazine, Change.org, LinkedIn, and others to engage users and help encourage and support their work as public servants. This position is the right fit for an entrepreneurial, driven, outgoing individual who thrives on setting and surpassing goals.
PI69969216 Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/xsx3m6b