Design Production Manager, Amazon Publishing
Amazon Publishing seeks a Design Production Manager to update Word and InDesign files and to ensure that they meet specifications. The successful candidate will have proven record of managing a large volume of files in a very fast paced environment and will work with external vendors to ensure file format specifications are met. The position will make changes to book covers, interior files and work with a variety of internal file submission tools.
- Review Word and InDesign files from external vendors to ensure they meet style and layout specifications
- Validate XML Markup
- Create/Maintain templates and ensure adherence
- Create print ready .PDFs
- Update files based on technical or content needs
- Improve the efficiency of the file submission process for offset and print on demand print production
- Track changes in file submission requirements and provide updates to vendors
- Establish and maintain a quality assurance process
- Oversee file version control and archiving
- BA/BS required
- 3+ years' experience in publishing/printing operations with a focus on process development and improvement; and managing multiple large volume, highly visible projects simultaneously, under very tight deadlines
- Experience designing book covers and interiors.
- Familiarity with the recent trends in digital media conversion technologies and Print on Demand.
- Experience with a markup workflows