Senior Research Analyst - Media (Boston/Chicago)
Are you someone who loves thinking about what makes certain ads work better than others? Do you want to get beyond traditional advertising, helping to imagine a more innovative, forward-thinking future for it? …Then we want you!
Latitude, a forward-thinking research firm located outside of Boston, is searching for a research analyst who has 3+ years of relevant quantitative media research/consumer insights experience, to help the company design and execute custom studies for media and technology clients, as well as contribute to Latitude’s new product development and business expansion.
The right candidate will possess:
- Some experience and strong interest in advertising/media research
- A strong quantitative background, ideally 3+ years of work experience at an advertising agency, TV network, media planning or media research vendor/firm
- An understanding of advertising metrics and theories (e.g., purchase funnel, brand impact measurements, advertising effectiveness, media planning strategy, etc.)
- A combination of creativity, inquisitiveness, strong analytical skills and the ability to think strategically about our clients’ needs
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, with a knack for articulating complex ideas in ways that are clear, concise, and easy for a general audience to understand
- A 4-year college degree
This position offers many opportunities for growth and professional development and is ideal for a candidate who is hoping to build his or her resume in a vibrant, cutting-edge company with an impressive client list in communications and technology (Viacom, NBC Universal, AETN, ESPN, Scripps, About.com, BBC, etc.), as well as a growing body of creative, non-client research on future media and technology topics.
Our Analyst’s core areas of responsibility will be:
- Collaboratively developing study designs and working assigned projects across their entire lifecycles—from study proposals and study design through reporting and client presentation
- Analyzing and interpreting research findings about our clients’ advertising campaigns, audiences, subscribers, users, and prospects
- Managing client communications over the course of a project
- Working closely with Latitude’s content team on non-client research as needed (e.g., consulting on study methodology, writing and editing surveys, helping with data cleaning, data management, and reporting, etc.)
- Other project-related tasks as assigned, including conducting background research, coordinating fieldwork, programming surveys, and communicating directly with study participants and clients
If interested, our Analyst will also have the opportunity to:
- Become a key member of Latitude’s Next-Gen Advertising & Branding team
- Help our Innovations Team develop new research approaches using a variety of online technologies and tools
- Increase his or her own personal visibility and develop presentation/media skills by speaking at industry conferences, writing articles/blog posts, and figuring into Latitude’s PR initiatives (e.g., offering quotes to the press, etc.)
- Contribute to Latitude’s business development and marketing initiatives.
The ideal candidate would also have:
- Experience with statistical analysis, SPSS or similar statistical analysis software packages, and data management
- Experience with client management and sales (and a developed, relevant professional network of his or her own to draw on)
- High level of competency in Excel and PowerPoint
- An interest in design, data visualization, and content creation
- A deep understanding of the web and a passion for new web technologies and applications
- An interest in new technologies, media/entertainment, and related trends
- An interest in or experience with qualitative research (focus groups, in-person and phone interviewing, etc.) is desirable but not required
Salary, title, and level of responsibility commensurate with experience and qualifications. We are open to further developing this position around the right candidate’s skills and experience.
Please send cover letter, resume, and one example of work that you are proud of and enjoyed doing (e.g. research paper, project, presentation, etc.) to email@example.com, and include job title (“Senior Research Analyst - Media”) in the subject line. As this position is open to candidates in both Boston and Chicago, please also specify the city for which you are applying in the email subject line.
Note: Candidates who submit incomplete applications will not be considered.