Major Accounts Manager
Dow Jones & Company is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations via newspapers, Web sites, apps, video, newsletters, magazines, proprietary databases, conferences, and radio. Dow Jones has produced unrivalled quality content for over 100 years and today has one of the world’s largest news-gathering operations with 2,000 journalists in more than 50 countries, including The Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by total average circulation. Other premier brands include Barron’s, MarketWatch, Factiva, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones VentureSource, and DJX. Its information services publish in 13 languages and distribute content in 28 languages, combining technology with news and data to support business decision making. The company pioneered the first successful paid online news site and its industry leading innovation enables it to serve customers wherever they may be, via the Web, mobile devices, Internet-connected televisions, and tablets.
The Wall Street Journal is looking for a motivated sales and account management professional for the Executive Conferences within The Wall Street Journal and Dow Jones portfolio. In this role, you will develop relationships with C-suite executives from the world’s largest corporations, selling invitation-only conference tickets and memberships to top executives in the world’s most prestigious companies. This is an inside position with little to no travel.
• Develop new business by selling annual memberships and individual conference tickets into a defined territory
• Manage a high daily call volume while closing business to achieve conference revenue goals
• Manage existing relationships throughout the year and coordinate client questions or requests regarding associated Wall Street Journal products and services, such as CIO Journal and CFO Journal
• Participate as a key member of the overall conferences team, identifying objections early on and recommending solutions to drive further sales through partnership and marketing outreach
• Assist customers with their registration process to ensure they have an outstanding membership experience
• Must be able to come across, over the phone, in an extremely polished manner
• Ability to maintain calm under pressure and handle customer issues with excellence
• Minimum of two years of experience in sales, marketing or client service
• Four-year college degree from an accredited university
• Must be able to develop relationships and create a sense of urgency over the phone, and have experience selling services or intangible experiences to C-level executives at large, global corporations.
• Ability to communicate effectively over the telephone with high-level decision makers
• Excellent written and oral communications skills and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work well under pressure with a defined revenue goal
• Discipline and focus to maintain a high call volume each day and week
• Persistence to follow up with key prospects to close the deal
• Team-oriented individual
• Detail oriented, ability to adapt to changing environment
• Energetic, enthusiastic and organized
Dow Jones: Making Careers Newsworthy
At Dow Jones, our managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.
Skills.Please click here to apply