Senior Associate, Business Operations
The Pew Charitable Trusts is driven by the power of knowledge to solve today’s most challenging problems. Pew applies a rigorous, analytical approach to improve public policy, inform the public and stimulate civic life.
We are an independent nonprofit organization – the sole beneficiary of seven individual trusts established between 1948 and 1979 by two sons and two daughters of Sun Oil Company founder Joseph N. Pew and his wife, Mary Anderson Pew.
Our work lays the foundation for effective policy solutions by informing and engaging citizens, linking diverse interests to pursue common cause and insisting on tangible results. Our projects encourage efficient, responsive governments – at the local, state, national and international levels – serving the best interests of the people. We partner with a diverse range of donors, public and private organizations and concerned citizens who share our interest in fact-based solutions and goal-driven investments to improve society.
With offices in Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., Brussels and London and staff in other regions of the United States as well as Australia, Pew provides an exciting learning environment and the opportunity to work with highly talented individuals. We are a dynamic, rapidly evolving organization that values creativity and innovative thinking and fosters strong teamwork with mutual respect.
The Communications department supports leaders at all levels of the institution to promote project and campaign efforts, inform key audiences, and protect and advance the Pew brand. The department provides a comprehensive range of communications services for all programmatic and administrative units and Trusts-operated projects. Our in-house expertise includes: strategy and message development; editorial support; design and creative services; media event planning; digital and video production and social media. The unit oversees all communications policies, guidelines and processes in order to manage the Pew brand, ensure production of the highest quality work and effectively steward Pew’s resources.
The Senior Associate is a member of the Communications team. She/he reports directly to the Manager, Communications assisting with the coordination and administration of business related activities across the Communications team such as liaison and coordination of cross-functional projects, budget development and tracking, data analysis and outsourcing management.
- Supports the development, management, tracking and reporting of the annual Communications budgets, including performing analysis, tracking commitments and encumbrances, making projections, and preparing information for the Senior Vice President, Senior Directors and other Operating/Program units.
- Establishes key partnerships with Programs and Finance to ensure appropriate tracking of programmatic expenditures on Communications activities.
- With supervision, serves as liaison and coordinator for a variety of cross-functional projects assisting with outreach efforts, internal meetings and other activities.
- Supports the contract and procurement processes for Communications activities when needed.
- Assists with the coordination of various business planning activities impacting the Communications group.
- Interprets and reports on business issues that affect the Communications team.
- Contributes to the development of re-engineering business processes for the Communications team to improve time efficiencies, cost control and reduce risks.
- Gathers, analyzes, reports, and maintains data, information, and operational metrics from a variety of sources. Provides regular analysis on Communications activities, spending patterns and/or trends that help identify cost saving opportunities and time efficiencies.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum of five years of professional experience working in a business operations function required.
- Experience working in a large, complex nonprofit or for-profit environment required.
- Excellent strategic, analytical and problem solving skills. A strong commitment to producing measurable results.
- Excellent customer service skills. Able to provide accurate information in a timely manner.
- Strong data analysis experience and financial acumen. Ability to analyze and synthetize budgetary and spend information.
- Superior written and oral communication skills. Strong presentation and facilitation abilities to present complex business activities and concepts in a clear, concise manner for a diverse audience.
- Demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines by maintaining a high level of organization. Able to develop and move projects forward with independence and autonomy.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills; able to develop and manage productive relationships with internal colleagues for successful collaboration on cross-team projects.
- Seasoned judgment, able to justify recommendations, and be responsive, clear, and firm with colleagues.
- Understanding of Communications or Marketing departments is a plus.
- Experience outsourcing Communications or Marketing activities is a plus.
- Experience in procurement and contract processes is a plus.
- Language proficiency beyond English is a plus.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in the use of software (Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and the ability to learn technology used at Pew, including Salesforce and PeopleSoft if not already familiar.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package, including four weeks of vacation, a generous 401(k) plan and flexible benefit options.
Minimal travel anticipated.
Pew is an equal opportunity employer.
PI70940347Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/9nwwkp6