Site Director, WWD
Site Director, WWD.com
Women's Wear Daily (WWD) is the publication of record — and the industry’s voice of authority — for senior executives in the global fashion, retail and beauty communities and the consumer media that cover the market.
This role is a 360-degree directorial position, which includes managing a web team, brainstorming content (assigning, editing and writing), and working with the Editor-in-Chief on overseeing site strategy, SEO and social media. The Site Director will need to be both strategic and tactical when overseeing new product development, including sponsored content integrations, and other new initiatives, yet to be defined. This position is key to brand innovation and development.
- Develop and execute Web programming that supports brand objectives including managing content in front of and behind the pay wall to maximize traffic and revenue.
- Manage team of editors, reporters and producers in delivery of content.
- Monitor and report key performance metrics.
- Oversee social media strategy and day-to-day execution.
- Assign, edit, and write as needed.
- Work with Marketing to define and implement newsletter strategy, etc., and manage relationships with third-party vendors (e.g., social and SEO consultants).
- Manage ongoing expenditures and staffing to ensure editorial operations remain in line with budget.
- Work with Editorial and Marketing Departments to conceive and implement editorial/advertising integrations.
Development and innovation:
- Work with Editor in Chief to develop 2014 digital strategy.
- Develop new tools and apps to enhance user experience and drive traffic.
- Work with tech team (product/project managers, producers, developers, designers) to determine implementation of site enhancements, fixes, special promotions, etc.
• Must be able to manage a team, budgets, and multiple projects which entail creating schedules, managing assets, staying on top of deadlines, and anticipating/troubleshooting any issues.
• Ability to edit traditional content such as slideshows and site-specific programming content such as indexes, subnavigation, trails, zrails, etc. (which are based on metrics).
• Experience planning sites and interactive features with a good sense of site structure, templates, design, and user flow.
• Solid understanding of web-based traffic tools (Omniture, MMX) with ability to interpret and generate reports.
• Experience working with a content management system (CMS) such as Interwoven Teamsite, Vignette, or CQ5, as well as blogging platforms (WordPress, Movable Type, etc.)
• Solid grasp of SEO best practices and social media trends.
• Knowledge of business and industry reporting.
• 8 to 10 years of experience required.
Fairchild Fashion Media (WWD, Style.com, FN, M, NowManifest.com, Summits) is the leading source of fashion news and analysis for industry leaders and the global fashion community. Our brands deliver the most immediate, credible and comprehensive coverage from the most trusted voices in fashion journalism. FFM fuels the business decisions of industry executives and satisfies the passions of the truly fashion-obsessed worldwide.
Conde Nast is renowned for provocative, influential, award winning content-across brands, across platforms, and across continents. In the United States, Conde Nast publishes 18 consumer magazines, four business-to-business publications, 27 websites, and more than 50 apps for mobile and tablet devices, all of which define excellence in their categories. The company also owns Fairchild Fashion Media (FFM), whose portfolio of brands serves as the leading source of news and analysis for the global fashion community. Conde Nast has won more National Magazine Awards over the past ten years than all of its competitors combined.
We’re committed to attracting new talent to keep us at the top of our business. If you are looking to be part of a culture of excellence marked by journalistic integrity and superior design, we invite you to explore this career opportunity and see how your talent and aspirations might fit within Conde Nast. Visit CondeNast.com and follow us on Twitter @CondeNastCorp and @CondeNastCareer.
Conde Nast is an equal opportunity workplace.
Duties and responsibilities may be adjusted based on years of experience.
Salary is also commensurate with experience.
Skills.Please click here to apply