Account Development Executive
Account Development Executive
When you join Dow Jones, you become part of the most dynamic, creative and savvy news and information companies in the world. As a global leader in news and business intelligence, we're newswires, websites, newspapers, apps, newsletters, databases, magazines, radio and television--including some of the widest-read and most-respected brands, like The Wall Street Journal, Barron's, MarketWatch and DJX, our flagship news and analytics platform. Our media inform the discussions and decisions that are vital to the world's commerce, while our databases make the business world more transparent. We continually develop technology to transform information into insight and prosperity. From over 50 countries and in over a dozen languages, we enlighten and inspire audiences with authoritative, differentiated and trusted content.
As part of Institutional Sales, the role of the Account Development Executive is to retain existing revenue by ensuring utilization and adoption of services. The Account Development Executive will work closely with the Account Manager to identify new revenue opportunities within their assigned territories (Connecticut).
- Manage the day-to-day business relationship with assigned accounts in order to retain and grow existing business.
- Engage in a range of Account Development activities, including but not limited to: helping clients understand the benefits of new products/services; conducting training and awareness sessions; ensuring customer issues are addressed in a timely manner; managing roll-out of new products to meet specified customer goals; managing trials/pilots.
- Communicate regularly with the key customer contacts to ensure up-to-date client understanding of Factiva's products and services.
- Minimize risk of customer cancellation or reductions through analysis of customer usage and by identifying ways to improve the perceived value of Dow Jones products and services.
- Proactively identify opportunities for increasing revenue within assigned territories to maximize penetration into customer organizations.
- Cultivate, and maintain a network of customer contacts to help champion DJX/Factiva/DJ Newswires within the enterprise.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date customer records in the CRM System. Highlight customer visits, new users, and displacement opportunities for rapid response, referral and follow-up
Key Relationships Internally and Externally:
- Build trust and loyalty with users, influencers, champions and C-level executives to retain and expand business opportunities.
- Develop strong relationships with internal resources including but not restricted to other Account Development Executives, Product, Legal and Customer Service to achieve sales goals.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience Required:
- Minimum of three years experience in account management, sales or sales support of online information and/or related high value technology products and services.
- Intimate knowledge of the information needs of financial services firms, including the insurance industry.
- Communication skills that successfully position the value of Dow Jones offerings
- Understanding of workflow applications, emerging technologies and industry standards.
- High level of initiative and self motivation, with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain effectiveness when working with people of diverse cultures or background.
- Strong focus and urgency for resolving customer issues and building customer loyalty.
- Ability to understand current and potential customers' needs, expectations, and business priorities in order to create and continually improve DJ products and services.
- Sensitivity to customers' organizational or political issues to build and maintain trust with customers.
- Ability to build and develop collaborative customer relationships to identify issues, assesses needs, and solve problems.
- Ability to stay informed and up to date on industry trends, the competition and changing technology to better understand customer opportunities
- Degree level education.
This role requires travel within the assigned territory. The candidate must have a valid driver’s license.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
At Dow Jones our Managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our Employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.
Skills.Please click here to apply