Director, Product Development & Strategy, Digital Platforms
NBCUniversal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies. We develop, produce and market entertainment, news and information to a global market. NBC Universal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal's affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
NBCUniversal's ("NBCU's") Content Distribution organization includes TV Networks Distribution, which is responsible for the commercial distribution of NBCU's portfolio of national cable channels, including USA Network, SyFy, E!, Style, Bravo, Oxygen, CNBC, MSNBC, PBS Kids Sprout, NBC Sports Network, The Golf Channel, etc. as well as the Regional Sports Networks and Digital Distribution, which manages digital Film distribution, Electronic Sell Through and Wireless businesses, among others.
The Director, Product Development & Strategy, Digital Platforms will manage NBCU Authenticated Video & TV Everywhere efforts across critical distribution partnerships with Cable MSOs, Telcos, Satellite Providers and Wireless Operators; develop products and businesses within those partnerships including and primarily TV Everywhere (set-top box, mobile, and authenticated online video on demand, linear, and supporting advertising infrastructure); and work closely with NBC Universal TV brands on distribution strategy. The successful candidate will act as a product champion communicating across all key stakeholders and will be responsible for managing the performance and profitability of his/her product throughout product lifecycle, meeting agreed-upon sales commitments and business objectives including definition, justification, development and delivery of advanced products & business models.
- Own and optimize TV Everywhere video and advanced advertising launch and on-going product rhythms with Multichannel Video Programming Distribution (MVPDs - Cable, Satellite, Telco) and Wireless Operator partners on behalf of 13 cable and broadcast networks.
- Drive multi-platform FOD performance and monetization through collaborative programming and product-development initiatives, hands-on project management, and successful cultivation of on-going internal and external partnerships.
- Cultivate and define platform-based business opportunities in collaboration with all departments and levels within the company including Business Development & Sales, Cable and Broadcast Networks, Operations, Finance, Ad Sales, Marketing, Legal and Business Affairs. Responsible for strategic vision and rationale, definition of requirements, technical oversight, cross-functional collaboration, process, and operations. Will drive projects from conceptualization to completion.
- Research market trends and evaluate market opportunities including competitive analysis.
- Collaborate with Operations to ensure that product deployments perform in accordance with client expectations and content distribution rights, understanding legal context and contractual commitments.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 7 years Product/Programming/Business Development experience ideally in the media/advertising industry (Content Provider, Major Cable Network, Cable Operator, Wireless Operator, Online player, etc.) or wireless product role, leading cross-functional development teams and managing customers / accounts
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, especially PowerPoint and Excel
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- MBA strongly desired
- Experience converting business ideas and research into well-thought-out and timely product releases with an emphasis on revenue and performance
- Excellent track record identifying content, developing content models and navigating deal requirements for TV, Video on Demand, Wireless or Online products and/or distribution
- Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communications with proven ability to work collaboratively with Sales, Marketing, Operations & Engineering Leadership to foster shared ownership of product deliverables and shape and refine market specific agendas
- Rich numerical and analytical skill set
- Strong project management and organizational skills