Manager, Sourcing Initiatives
NBCUniversal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal's affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Manager, Sourcing Initiatives role will focus primarily as the lead on all Source to Contract related initiatives, such as Supply Base Management, Contract Management, eRFx, Reverse Auction, Procurement Policy Governance, Risk Management, and Spend Analytics.
- Work with 3rd Party Data Enrichment Partners to ensure timely processing of categorization data.
- Work with Sourcing Managers on classification feedback of enriched data as well as the Diversity Group on any special reporting needs.
- Work with the IT Department and Data Source Partners when there are any changes to the data feeds or sources.
- Setup data organizational structures when new data feeds or organizational changes occur.
- Work with the Controllership group on Policy Changes and Special Initiatives Projects.
- Review Source to Contract procedures and implement advanced sourcing practices like Reverse
- Auction, eRFx, and online Contract Collaboration.
- Bachelor's degree in Business
- Minimum 5 year experience in Procurement or related functions
- Minimum 2 year experience with a reporting platform (Business Objects, SAP BW, Ariba, Emptoris) with a solid understanding of ERP tools.
- Able to develop training guides, procedural documentation, process maps, and workflow diagrams.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles (Liability, Commitment, G/L Postings etc)
- Superior written and verbal communications skills
- Highly proficient in MS Office Tools (MS Excel, PowerPoint, Projects, Visio, Word)
- Experience with working with geographically dispersed teams.
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: 13835BR)
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to work in Universal City
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- A deep understanding of Spend Analytics Tools and data enrichment procedures are required as the role serves as the primary contact for all reporting requirements in Sourcing.
- Demonstrated ability to implement Procurement policies, procedures, and programs to drive change throughout the organization.
- Basic Understanding of Contract Management Tools, eRFx Tools, and the Source to Contract and Procure to Pay processes.
- The role will interact with individuals at all levels and establish strong internal relationships across functions. Strong communications skills are required.