Oxygen Digital is currently recruiting a Photo Editor. This role reports to Oxygen Digital's Sr. Director, and will work closely with the editorial and design teams. The Photo Editor is primarily responsible for researching, acquiring and optimizing photographic images that appear across Oxygen Digital (multiplatform). Additionally, the Photo Editor will write blog posts, especially posts supporting photo-based content. The ideal candidate will be a digital native who is capable of creating a wide array of content on tight deadlines, from photos to GIFs to blogs.
- Prepare web photography and export image files for web
- Organize and archive files that are posted on the server
- Serve as liaison and manage relationships between Oxygen Digital, our vendors and stock photo houses
- Responsible for web site photo maintenance such as additions, changes, proof reading, etc.
- Create and brainstorm photo-based editorial content
- Writing blog posts, especially posts supporting photo-based content
- Help in the ideation and creation of graphical-based editorial content to be used on Oxygen.com, co-viewing apps or its social platforms
- Produce and/or help produce occasional photo shoots
- Train Oxygen staff in best practices relating to editing images
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in digital photography and extensive Photoshop knowledge.
- Bachelors degree in a related field
- Interested candidate must submit resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Must be willing to submit to background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the USA