Sr. Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs
NBCUniversal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal's affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: This position will be part of the team responsible for providing business and legal support for the Universal Partnerships, Licensing & Digital Group: Essential Responsibilities:
- Drafting and negotiating a high volume of intellectual property license and service agreements associated with the licensing, distribution, promotion, and marketing of television content for consumer products.
- Performing legal administration matters, including rights research, infringement enforcement, and product content legal review.
- Performance of other duties and/or special projects as needed.
- Successful candidates must possess a JD and a BS/BA and be a member of the California Bar.
- Four or more years of experience at a major law firm or comparable corporate experience a must.
- Demonstrated television intellectual property licensing and/or production experience required.
- Experience with intellectual property matters and corporate transactions strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, computer literacy and the ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, are all essential for success in this diverse environment.
- Self-starter with the ability to handle multiple, high priority tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Precise attention to detail.
- Strong contract drafting and negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills which will enable him/her to interact with a wide range of personalities/styles and establish effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Problem-solving and positive client service skills.
- Familiarity and experience with SAG, WGA, and DGA agreements strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated success within a large, diverse corporate environment preferred. Eligibility Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
- Must be willing submit to a background investigation
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program