Travel Sales Director
The Wall Street Journal is America's largest newspaper by total average circulation with more than 2.3 million subscribers and 36 million global digital visitors per month. Published by Dow Jones, one of the world's largest news gathering operations with 2,000 journalists in more than 50 countries, the Wall Street Journal now spans 12 editions in nine languages, engaging readers across newspapers, websites, magazines, social media, and video. In recent years, The Journal has expanded its core content offering to include coverage of the arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and personal health, building on its heritage as the leading source of business and financial news. From luxurious destinations to smart travel finds, The Journal delivers travel editorial with the detail and sophistication its readers demand. With readers spending $14B in Travel and taking 24 million business or leisure round trip flights each year, The Wall Street Journal is the first stop for reaching influential travelers.
The Travel Sales Director will be the face of Travel for WSJ Ad Sales globally and be responsible for growing revenues across the Travel category. The Director will focus primarily on small accounts and new business development, but is also responsible for growing key existing Travel customers. This position will work across sales teams, from Coordinators to VP's, and collaborate closely with ad sales marketing to drive sales efforts in addition to having their individual list of travel accounts. The ideal candidate has a successful track record in developing strong senior level client relationships in order to grow and retain business in the Travel industry. This position will report to the VP of Multi-Media Sales.
* Represent WSJ Ad Sales as the face of Travel during day to day selling and at industry events
* Periodically provide Travel industry knowledge and other intelligence to WSJ sales teams and management
* Grow advertising revenues across the Travel category by coordinating sales efforts across the WSJ Global franchise
* Maintain and grow individual travel account list including advertising agencies and clients
* Coordinate and execute the preparation, documentation, and presentation of sales packages
* At least 8-12 years of experience in advertising sales with extensive knowledge of the Travel industry
* Proven track record in developing and maintaining senior level client relationships in the Travel industry
* Ability to take ownership of problems and coordinate appropriate internal resources to help solve client issues effectively
* Strong results orientation, with the commitment and drive to achieve a retention goal in a competitive business environment
* Strong negotiation and closing skills, to bring renewals and new business to a successful conclusion
* Excellent communication skills at all levels and ability to adapt a communication style depending on audience while maintaining a professional and credible demeanor
* Good planning skills and attention to detail, to successfully plan and complete annual renewals and to develop and implement longer-term retention strategies
Dow Jones: Making Careers Newsworthy
At Dow Jones our Managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our Employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.
Skills.Please click here to apply