Public Relations and Social Media Manager
The Ad Council’s Public Relations and Social Media Manager works with the Public Relations, Interactive Services and Social Media (PRISM) team on various aspects of public relations and social media programs designed to promote the Ad Council and its more than 50 public service advertising (PSA) campaigns to the advertising, media and philanthropy communities, as well as the campaigns’ key target audiences and the general public. The Manager works specifically with the Ad Council’s campaign managers and sponsors on public relations and social media programs relating to their campaigns. The Manager also is responsible for working with the Vice President of Public Relations and Social Media on creating and managing content for digital partnerships on behalf of the Ad Council’s campaigns.
Essential Functions: Reports to the Vice President of Public Relations and Social Media and works closely with the VPs and Managers on all aspects of public relations, interactive and social media both for the organization’s clients as well as for the Ad Council.This includes the following:
- Manages the development and implementation of PR/social media programs
- Conducts outreach to national and local press across all media
- Assists supervisors with day-to-day activities such as background informational research and strategic proposals
- Monitors Ad Council, campaign, issue and PR/social media industry news coverage, and prepares coverage reports
- Conducts research on potential social media and PR agency partners, as well as other strategic partners and potential spokespeople
- Drafts Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and evaluates proposals on behalf of Ad Council clients
- Creates online content for social and digital platforms and partnerships, including messaging, blog posts and other editorial content
- Monitors the social media landscape for the latest trends/platforms
- Drafts external communications related to Ad Council news including press releases, talking points and presentations for spokespeople for various events and press conferences
- Writes and edits Ad Council publications, including the Ad Council’s blog, Adlibbing, and the Ad Council’s monthly e-newsletter, Create + Change
Minimum Job Requirements:
- 3-5 years of experience in public relations and social media
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Work, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with using social media, including social networks/platforms, blogs, mobile/location-based and emerging technologies
- Ability to understand technical concepts and convey them in a simple and concise way.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven media pitching skills and results
Please submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements and availability to http://www.adcouncil.org/careers/ .
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We will contact only qualified candidates.