Sales Associate, Global Executive Conferences
Job Function Sales
Job Locations US-NY-NEW YORK
When you join Dow Jones, you become part of the most dynamic, creative and savvy news and information companies in the world. As a global leader in news and business intelligence, we're newswires, websites, newspapers, apps, newsletters, databases, magazines, radio and television--including some of the widest-read and most-respected brands, like The Wall Street Journal, Barron's, MarketWatch and DJX, our flagship news and analytics platform. Our media inform the discussions and decisions that are vital to the world's commerce, while our databases make the business world more transparent. We continually develop technology to transform information into insight and prosperity. From over 50 countries and in over a dozen languages, we enlighten and inspire audiences with authoritative, differentiated and trusted content.
The Wall Street Journal is America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation with more than 2.2 million customers. In recent years, the Journal has expanded its core content offering to include coverage of the arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and personal health, building on its heritage as the leading source of business and financial news. Published by Dow Jones, one of the world’s largest news gathering operations with nearly 2,000 journalists in more than 80 bureaus, The Wall Street Journal now spans 12 editions in nine languages, engaging readers across newspapers, websites, magazines, social media, and video. The Journal holds 35 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism.
We are currently seeking a Sales Associate, Global Executive Conferences to join our ad sales organization.
• Draft proposals and RFP for presentations to clients; arrange client meetings and follow-ups
• Generate and qualify a list of leads consisting of Tier 1 and Tier 2 decision makers within the assigned territory through research, trade references, and cold calls
• Outbound telemarketing, prospecting, and selling to targets determined by Director
• Communicate and follow up with client and internal departments regarding live campaigns to address any concerns
• Review monthly Revenue Sheet to ensure all placements have properly delivered per the IO and revenue has been appropriately recognized. Alert Finance of any issues to be resolved
• Acquire proper internal and client approvals to process documents for optimizations, revisions, makegoods, cancellations and renewals
• Research user data and audience metrics via research tools such as AdRelevance, @Plan, Digimine, Hoovers, etc. for preparing proposals as needed
• Effectively communicate the benefits of the WSJ Conference Portfolio internally to sales teams and to prospective sponsors
• 2+ years’ experience in advertising sales support is preferred
• Articulate and intelligent, with highly developed presentation skills
• Must possess initiative, be detail oriented, and able to work independently and within a team environment
• Organized and focused on priorities that move the sales process forward
• Creative thinker who can match marketer's goals with the unique, affluent audiences available through our media properties
• College degree
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets