When you join Dow Jones, you become part of the most dynamic, creative and savvy news and information companies in the world. As a global leader in news and business intelligence, we're newswires, websites, newspapers, apps, newsletters, databases, magazines, radio and television--including some of the widest-read and most-respected brands, like The Wall Street Journal, Barron's, MarketWatch and DJX, our flagship news and analytics platform. Our media inform the discussions and decisions that are vital to the world's commerce, while our databases make the business world more transparent. We continually develop technology to transform information into insight and prosperity. From over 50 countries and in over a dozen languages, we enlighten and inspire audiences with authoritative, differentiated and trusted content.
Based at 1211 Avenue of the Americas, The Project Supervisor provides management expertise and leadership for multiple facilities projects. This position is directly responsible for ensuring that projects adhere to scope, schedule and budget. The Project Supervisor provides expert oversight from formulation stage through construction and project close-out. In addition, the Project Supervisor will assist the Building Manager with other day-to-day facilities operational functions.
- Act as project supervisor on capital construction and renovation projects.
- Direct and monitor various design- and construction-related activities, including the work of architects, contractors and other consultants.
- Review architectural and engineering drawings.
- Monitor projects to ensure compliance with building codes, ordinances, regulations, policies and procedures, including inspection of completed projects for accuracy, completeness and compliance with established contracts, standards and specifications.
- Manage the budget of all project matters.
- Develop budget estimates, prepare RFPs, select and vet bidders.
- Assist in the preparation, solicitation and review of bids, proposals and administration of contract documents related to capital construction projects.
- Review projects and contracts for compliance and take appropriate action to resolve discrepancies.
- Act as liaison with construction management firms; oversee their performance and coordinate their services.
- Inspect and coordinate maintenance for Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS), diesel generators, automatic transfer switches and associated critical equipment.
- Assist in directing maintenance staff in their duties and assign work orders as needed.
- Work with property management staff and building engineers.
- Work Saturdays and emergencies as needed.
- Occasionally travel to other Dow Jones sites for projects.
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering or architecture. Military experience, with appropriate MOS, may be used in lieu of educational requirement.
- Three to five years project supervisor work experience.
- Experience in the supervising of construction projects, including supervisory or lead responsibility and administering/monitoring of construction contracts.
- Experience with UPS and diesel generator power systems.
- Experience with various mechanical equipment such as chillers and cooling towers.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility to answer emergencies on a 24/7 basis.
- Good writing ability and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Solid computer skills with proficiency using Microsoft Project, Excel, Outlook and Word.
- AutoCAD experience a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets