Senior Digital Analyst , New York
At Blue State Digital we work with an inspiring mix of clients — from advocacy groups to sports teams to cultural institutions to big brands — and we're looking for an experienced Digital Analyst to join our Analytics team. You’ll work on the team that is the backbone of our full-service strategy department, supporting teams that span web design & development, email, social media, and advertising.
So, if you geek out on data, if you want to help develop groundbreaking digital campaigns that will help inspire and effect change, and if you want to work with people who are talented at and passionate about what they do, then we should probably talk.
We want to hear about your experience using data to draw conclusions and develop innovative solutions. Send us an email about yourself.
What You’ll Do:
1. Collect and analyze data to serve the needs of your client portfolio by analyzing digital metrics, including but not limited to web traffic and user behavior, email messaging statistics, and social media trends; use this analysis to inform strategy.
2. Plan measurement strategies for key performance indicators, and monitor existing properties to ensure all tracking and data-collection works properly.
3. Extract core insights from data and performance to develop testing and optimization strategies across tactics. Execute testing plans and provide post-testing analysis.
4. Collect data to create performance benchmarks and deliver broad strategy recommendations based on cross-client trend analysis. Develop scalable best practices for use in our clients’ projects.
5. Develop effective and persuasive presentations and memos demonstrating the value of our work for client teams, business development, and partners.
Who You Are:
These are the essential qualities required for this position.
1. You have two or more years of experience in digital analytics with direct experience working with a web analytics suite such as Google Analytics or Omniture.
2. You are passionate about the digital space and the opportunities present for digital growth and development. You have a favorite website, and an opinion on what that site can do better.
3. You are curious, inquisitive, proactive, organized, and methodical. You like to use substantiated data to both identify and solve problems, rather than trust your gut alone.
4. You are a data-driven optimizer, always seeking out an A/B test to support your recommendation. You are proficient with Optimizely, Test and Target, Google Content Experiments, or an equivalent tool.
5. You are an effective team member and have strong communication skills, clearly explaining your work in person and in writing.
6. You are not afraid to be wrong or to take a risk, fail, and learn from the experience.
7. You have experience working with either the Microsoft Office or Apple iLife software suites. You are proficient in the use of spreadsheet software like Microsoft Excel, Google Docs, and Apple Numbers. You most likely have a love/hate relationship with Excel. As part of this relationship, you have a favorite Excel function.
8. You have a BA/BS degree with a strong academic record.
1. You are proficient in advanced statistical methodologies including linear, binary and logistic regression. You’ve built and validated statistical models using R, Stata, or SPSS.
3. You are familiar with search engine strategies and measurement systems, such as SEM (search engine marketing) or SEO (search engine optimization), or you have supported other paid media campaigns on the web.
4. You have experience using social media monitoring services, such as Radian6, Visible Intelligence, or Sysomos.
5. You have work or academic experience in one of our clients’ fields, such as: international development, art, history, environmental policy, social movements.
6. You have a degree in math, statistics, marketing or advertising or you’re a budding media scholar in your free time. You’ve researched the internet’s development and role in society. You have an opinion about Marshall McLuhan.
Blue State Digital is an equal opportunity employer.