Vice President, Creative
Overall Areas of Responsibility
- Brand Oversight: Drive a coordinated visual approach for multiple lines of business that are strongly associated with the Avalere brand; ensure consistent application of the Avalere brand; evolve the brand through print and digital channels.
- Brand Evangelist: Represent the creative perspective in business meetings and help colleagues to understand/visualize creative possibilities and constraints; ensure the development of brand guidelines and ensure acceptance by stakeholders; develop and lead annual brand training sessions for entire firm.
- Brand Execution: Conceptualize, guide design and ultimately deliver branded materials across the full breadth of Avalere products, services, and marketing collateral.
- Brand Assets Management: Define a consistent system of brand assets for application in product design, marketing collateral, sales presentations, website, and client communications.
- Creative Lead for Product Development: Ensure creative strategies align with the business objectives for each product; bridge content and design application effectively including considerations for data visualization, creative design, and new applications of the brand as appropriate; manage complex development projects with long deadlines and multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- User Experience Lead for Technology Products: Work with product development, IT, content, and marketing teams to conceptualize, guide design, and deliver web-enabled products; provide expertise on user experience, interface design, and other critical elements to maximize customer engagement of technology based products.
- Creative Lead for Research Products: Partner with product development, content, design, and marketing teams to create an array of templates for research programs including, but not limited to: long form reports, updates, and email alerts.
- Marketing Collateral Design: create a “best practice” approach for collateral design that ensures sales objectives are met; participate in the design process including conceptualization and final review and approval of materials created by design contractors; draft innovative design concepts for marketing and sales material across both print and digital forms.
- Manager of Avalere Brand Team: Set monthly brand team agenda and ensure follow-through on all brand activities including, but not limited to: creation of deliverable templates (Power Point, Word, Excel), Avalere website page design, brand style guide, frameworks for product development; effectively communicate all progress with the business and also gather feedback from the business on brand assets and needs.
- Manage in-house and external design talent: Direct the work streams of multiple creative and design contractors to ensure that final products are on brand, high quality, within deadline, and on budget; lead creative team from concept to completion; develop needs assessments, scopes of work, and cost models for outsourced creative services as needed; assess business needs for additional design talent and recruit appropriate freelancers to grow our creative capability.
- Must have relevant work experience and demonstrated ability to meet business objectives by leveraging creative assets.
- Minimum 10 years of brand management, visual design, production, and/or creative strategy experience in-house or with agency.
- Web design experience including information architecture, user experience and interface/interactive design is essential.
- Bachelor's degree in design-related discipline a plus: Interaction, Information or Interface Design; Design Planning; Graphic Design; Digital Design.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to manage differing points of view so the final product remains true to the brand and the business objective.
- Ability to train creative contractors on company brand and supervise freelancers, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, as well as present and sell ideas to internal teams at all levels within the organization.
- Comfortable in both a strategic and hands-on execution role; ability to gracefully handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent knowledge of leading design software packages and video techniques.
- Effective presentation skills, problem solving, and timeline management skills.
- Robust network of creative resources. Qualified applicants should submit electronic or hard copies of the following:
- Cover Letter
- Samples and Portfolio