Our ideal candidate:
- Has a committment to social justice, the empowerment of low-income people, and the right of everyone to live in a healthy neighborhood. Direct familiarity with the fields of community development, affordable housing, economic development, neighborhood revitalization, urban planning, community organizing, or related topics a plus.
- Gets joy out of organizing chaos and keeping track of a million moving parts. Is able to juggle deadlines with very different time frames.
- Is an obsessive copyeditor who knows AP style and gets a thrill from catching that last typo or misplaced comma. (Edit test required.)
- Is comfortable using Macs, Social Media, basic html, and Constant Contact or similar email management systems. Familiarity with InDesign and Expression Engine a plus.
- Has experience with and love of structural editing, and an eagerness to learn more.
- Willing and able to travel periodically.
- Is willing and able to cheerfully pitch in on administrative tasks, from mailing boxes of magazines (must be able to lift a 40lb box) to answering phones.
- Has a bachelor’s degree or a few years experience in publishing, editing, journalism, or communications.