Senior Visuals Editor, NBC Owned TV Stations
The editor will be part of a national content team in New York, but must collaborate with reporters and editors at local stations, including award-winning investigative journalists across the country. The editor will help the local stations create a strategy to drive video consumption and provide support, guidance and expertise.
- Produce high-quality, shareable multimedia content, including photo galleries, video news clips, and visual content.
- Manage our visuals team, including a multimedia editor and a graphics/data visualizations editor.
- Provide expert guidance and support to local stations for major local events, breaking news and day-to-day coverage.
- Work with local stations to build a strategy to drive video consumption.
- Master editorial and systems workflow - know the CMS, video upload and sharing systems, and livestream procedures.
- Optimize articles with the most relevant multimedia assets.
- Track performance of multimedia content using real-time analytics to guide programming and production choices.
- Contribute to planning for tentpole events, social media initiatives and major news.
- Fulfill work requests from markets, including content production, photo curation and multimedia consultation. Qualifications:
- At least four years experience as a multimedia editor or producer at a major news organization that included working on deadline.
- Must be able to work extended days and weekends when demanded by breaking news or other editorial responsibilities.
- Experience working with an online publishing tool or content management system.
- Must be seeking to to work in a creative, demanding, competitive environment.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in journalism, political science or English.
- Willingness to follow very specific systems and workflow, while also exercising excellent judgment to know when additional measures are needed.