Investigative Reporter - WVIT
Investigative Reporter This position is responsible for producing and reporting focused, compelling content including, but not limited to, investigative, health and consumer segments. Work closely with the team's Executive Producer to plan all series assignments from conception to air, as well as coordinate feeds and story exchanges with other NBC Owned Television Stations.
- Gathers news facts and creates compelling stories when on assignment with or without a photographer. Shoot, write and edit newsworthy events including breaking/spot news, general news, sports and feature stories relevant to the state of Connecticut.
- Works with daily deadlines.
- Creates web content that complements www.NBCConnecticut.com.
- Reports, writes and produces packages content for a variety of other platforms.
- Develop and maintain a network of news sources providing access to exclusive local news.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience as a Multi-Media Journalist
- Minimum of 2 years' experience working in a top 50 market television stations as a Reporter/Photographer.
- BA or equivalent in Journalism, Broadcast Communications and/or related field
- Must be willing to take drug test and submit to a background investigation
- Must be 18 years or greater
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must have valid driver's license
- This position is an AFTRA Represented job. Successful candidate will be required to join the AFTRA Union upon employment if not already a member.
- Working knowledge of non-linear editing
- Working knowledge of Panasonic P2, Sony PD 150, TRV 1000, Sony V1U, Sony Z1U, Sony FX100, Panasonic PD 170 and other similar cameras.