Director of Programming, Government Executive
- Full Time
Government Executive Media Group (GEMG) is Atlantic Media’s b-to-b division and the leading source of information and analysis for public sector managers nationwide. Its media brands include Government Executive, Nextgov, Defense One and Route Fifty, all of which hold market-leading positions and have fast-growing audiences.
The Director of Programming serves as key architect of new event product concepts for all of GEMG’s public sector brands, constantly striving to look for emerging event models and innovative speakers. Provides key voice in developing industry event concepts.
- Leads development of event content ideas and innovations to maintain GEMG as the leader in the public sector event marketplace (federal, defense and state and local). Event portfolio includes live and digital formats, panel discussions, webinars and user conferences.
- Develop program content through research and evaluation, including, but not limited to: topic generation, expert speaker identification, program format options, high-level attendee lists.
- Closely track prospect movement and engage with the sales team and directly with clients at each step to avoid barriers or hesitations.
- Leads outreach efforts and strategy for events promotion including firm understanding of target audiences and PR and social media efforts.
- Actively, aggressively, and creatively pitch and recruit top speakers to speak at GEMG programs.
- Constantly innovate new program formats, topics, and participants to appeal to audience, client, and editorial goals and ambitions.
- Attend industry events and serve as an ambassador for GEMG brands demonstrating poise, professionalism and full dedication.
- Understand underwriter/ partner issues, objectives and goals and how they relate to event content.
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidates:
- Creative and strategic thinking with emphasis on customer service meeting client objectives for an event.
- Experience in the public sector industry preferred.
- Ability to forge strong relationships with clients and strategic partners.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, track record of initiative, high quality and service standard, and ownership of work.
- Experience in managing events.
- Talent for the development of event programming and the recruitment of high-level speakers.
- Outstanding organizational skills, excellent time management and judgment, and the ability to manage complex operations in a fast-paced environment.
- Meticulous attention to detail and the ability to manage complex and fast-changing event programming elements.
- Bachelor’s degree and five years related experience.
- Force of Ideas - At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, giving voice, argument, and flight to the latter.
- Spirit of Generosity - Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition in each colleague toward service and selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth – critical on the merits but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.