Managing Editor Contributor Network - Martha Stewart
Job Summary | Major goals and objectives.
The Martha Stewart brand shows visitors and fans how to create unforgettable moments (big and small). We are looking for a Managing Editor of the Contributor Network who can find contributors to bring the new and the now of across our lifestyle verticals, expert advice and original ideas that that will unleash creativity for our visitors and fans.
The Managing Editor of the Contributor Network will be responsible for managing and growing our contributor network, as well as assigning and editing the contributors' content. (The Contributor Network was established to broaden the editorial footprint of MarthaStewart.com and MarthaStewartWeddings.com . The network is a growing group of industry experts, bloggers, entrepreneurs, and service professionals that complement our brands.) The Digital Editor will work with the executive editors of both sites, the content marketing team and sales and marketing teams. The goal of this position is to build mutually beneficial relationships with the contributor partners, integrate the contributor content into the brands' daily content schedule and grow traffic from influencers with a focus on extending the brand's reach.
Essential Job Functions
45% Manage day-to-day functions of the contributor network, including assigning and editing content
40% Maintain current relationships and onboard new talent to increase traffic and content output for both sites
5% Compile metrics and share with digital leadership team to make strategic content decisions
5% Troubleshoot production issues contributors encounter; complete photo research
5% Manage and write MarthaStewartWeddings.com biweekly newsletter
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
Bachelor's Degree in Journalism or English
4+ years as a digital editor at a lifestyle brand
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Understanding of social media and how to craft content that will perform well on each platform, as well as SEO including tools like Ad Words and Advanced Web Ranking (AWR)
- Ability to manage several tasks at once and switch seamlessly between them without missing a deadline
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Strong visual and photo research skills
- Comfortable and confident backing up editorial decisions with both data and judgment
- Basic HTML, Photoshop, and CMS skills
- Versed in using digital analytics tools such as Google Analytics
- Interest in décor, DIY, food, home, style, and other related lifestyle categories
% Travel Required (Approximate) : 0%