Digital Marketing Manager
- Full Time
DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER
FOR WORLD-RENOWNED FOUNDATION AND MUSEUM
The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is seeking a Digital Marketing Manager. As a member of the Marketing Department, the Digital Marketing Manager will manage and execute a strategic and integrated digital content strategy led by the Director of Marketing and in close collaboration with the other Digital Marketing Manager to grow the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum’s online, e-mail, social media, and new media marketing activity.
Founded in 1937, the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is dedicated to promoting the understanding and appreciation of art, architecture, and other manifestations of visual culture, primarily of the modern and contemporary periods. The Guggenheim realizes this mission through exceptional exhibitions, education programs, research initiatives, and publications. The Guggenheim strives to engage and educate an increasingly diverse international audience through its unique network of museums and partnerships. With nearly three million annual visitors worldwide, the Guggenheim and its network is one of the most visited cultural institutions in the world.
This position may supervise temporary contract staff and interns.
The Digital Marketing Manager will manage and execute a strategic and integrated digital content strategy led by the Director of Marketing and in close collaboration with the other Digital Marketing Manager to grow the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum’s online, e-mail, social media, and new media marketing activity. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop integrated digital marketing programs to support growth in attendance, box office, membership, development, special events, retail, restaurant revenue, and drive global online audience engagement.
- Maintain and grow Guggenheim global positioning at the forefront of digital communications. Support digital content coordination and distribution across e-mail, social media, video, web, and mobile.
Manage ExactTarget e-mail service provider, internal e-mail user group of 15 users, and overall administration of more than 600 annual e-mail campaigns.
- Oversee approvals and multi-platform testing process for e-mail campaigns prior to release.
- Write, design, and track campaigns for select campaigns as needed.
- Lead ExactTarget training for key staff in Development, Education, and Media Relations to enable HTML-literacy. Maintain and revise ongoing e-mail process and procedures manual.
- With support of Chief Graphic Designer and Senior Interactive Web Designer, work with e-mail vendor to design and code custom HTML templates in conjunction with guggenheim.org re-design.
- Liaise with e-mail user group and vendor(s) on template customizations.
- Support growth of SRGM e-news subscriptions onsite and online. Work with IT to facilitate integration of e-mail subscriber data with Raiser’s Edge, ticketing, and e-commerce systems.
Develop dynamic content and monitor 24/7 global engagement on 30+ unique Guggenheim social media sites.
- Schedule, draft, and publish dynamic content for Guggenheim social media sites across platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, Instagram, and Google+. Write, post, and track daily, targeted updates to support engagement around exhibitions, programs, and global initiatives.
- Actively monitor user-generated content and requests, and respond to audience questions and feedback.
- Liaise with Digital Media to produce and distribute video and audio excerpts for social media.
- Oversee and approve social media metric reports, and project-based reports as requested.
Support digital content coordination and strategic distribution of digital assets across departments, global Guggenheim museums, and special projects. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Support editorial planning as well as distribution of content published on guggenheim.org.
- Develop and execute promotional video strategy in support of exhibitions, programs, special projects, collection, and architecture across digital platforms, including app, website, e-mail, social media, and PR.
- Support integration of digital assets across communications.
- Liaise with global Guggenheim communications teams in Bilbao, Venice, and Abu Dhabi to lead sharing of digital assets for traveling exhibitions, global projects, and the Guggenheim collection.
- Provide digital consulting expertise for special projects including the Guggenheim UBS MAP Global Art Initiative, Robert H. N. Ho Family Foundation Initiative, and Guggenheim Helsinki Design Competition.
Develop and track targeted online social media advertising campaigns.
- Manage social advertising platforms (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube) for the museum to drive attendance and revenue goals. Develop ad copy, targeting criteria, and placement. Track, analyze, and report on the effectiveness of digital campaigns to internal clients.
- Effectively track, optimize, and analyze results of social media advertising campaigns to inform future strategies, internally and with external agencies using Google Analytics and third-party reporting tools.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BA degree in marketing, communications, or related field
- 2+ years digital marketing experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proficiency and Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver
- Knowledge of HTML required. Experience with e-mail service providers a plus
- Results-oriented analytical and reporting skills, including experience with Google Analytics
- Active participant on social media platforms
- Experience training others in social networking and or other web technology related functionality
- Supervisory experience an asset
- Strong writing, communications, and project management skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Genuine knowledge and interest in contemporary art
The Guggenheim offers a competitive salary and excellent medical, dental, life, disability, and retirement plan coverage. Our staff also enjoys generous vacation, sick leave and personal days, access to a variety of cultural institutions, discounts to museum stores, and a stimulating and collegial work environment.
Qualified applicants please send your resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, to email@example.com. Indicate the job title “Digital Marketing Manager” in the subject line.
The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.