Social Media Manager
REPORTS TO: CEO
OVERVIEW: A new digital media company is seeking a social media manager who is highly proficient at developing audiences across all social platforms. The ideal candidate will be passionate about politics, local and national news, progressive organizations and advocacy.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates and publishes all editorial and visual assets to the company’s social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook Tumblr and Instagram.
- Identifies trends and stories on socials for the editorial team.
- Develops new content and campaigns to serve users and grow account
- Coordinates the creation of platform-specific content with our content team, including text, photo, video, and interactive.
- Identifies the most compelling visuals to accompany content, and packaging those for effective sharing.
- Coordinates the creation of platform-specific content with our content team, including text, photo, video and interactive.
- Tracks paid and organic performance across all platforms, optimizing strategy on a real-time basis.
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience across editorial and social platforms
- Proven ability to develop social reach
- Social marketing and platform development and strategy (especially with Facebook) is a must
- Ability to create and iterate on general visual and creative guidelines
- Proven ability to write copy for a wide range of platforms
- Keen written communication skills
- Experience with creating social assets and platform R&D for new social media platforms
HOW TO APPLY: Please send a detailed cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com. Reference “Social Media Manager” in the subject field. No phone calls please.