Executive Digital Editor - Martha Stewart
Job Summary | Major goals and objectives.
The Martha Stewart brand shows visitors and fans how to create unforgettable moments (big and small). We are looking for a leader and mentor for the editorial team. Together with the editorial and extended teams the ideal candidate will unleash the creativity of our visitors and fans.
Join industry leaders to help to grow the Martha Stewart brand digitally.
- Define the brand's digital identity and lead execution across platforms
- Develop and execute digital content strategy focusing on digital KPIs and driving growth among new audiences
- Oversee editorial content calendar: support editorial leads as they build their verticals and ensure that content is on-brand, consumer/demand focused and socially/SEO optimized
- Top edit content and write content as needed
- Onboard new freelance writers; manage network of writers
- Budget website content spending
- Collaborate with sales and site GM to generate sellable programs based on consumer insights and support native content executions
- Act as liaison between print and digital; work with EIC and print editors to bring magazine content to the web and collaborate on other cross-brand initiatives
- Work closely with Director of Content Marketing to grow the brand across all social platforms, generate new partnerships, and collaborate on video and syndication strategies
- Serve as editorial point person for development and tech teams; provide editorial POV on site fixes and enhancements
- Represent editorial needs to the audience and image teams
- Coordinate execution of maintenance projects
- Create a learning organization and culture that understands, discovers and celebrates consumer insights, learns from failures and builds on successes
- Manage and mentor digital editor(s)
- Monitor site traffic using Google Analytics to plan content strategy
- Hire in-office freelancers and interns
Essential Job Functions
*Define the brand's digital identity and leads execution across platforms
*Develop and execute digital content strategy focusing on digital KPIs and driving growth
*Oversee editorial content calendar
*Top edit content and write content as needed
*Coordinate execution of maintenance projects
*Create a learning organization and culture that understands, discovers and celebrates consumer insights, learns from failures and builds on successes
* Develop the digital skills of online and print editors including tool and web app development, results analysis and newsletter performance
*Train the team to create entirely new content including use of photo shoots
*Share industry learnings and trend research
*Collaborate with sales and site GM to generate sellable programs based on consumer insights and support native content executions
Collaborate with the extended brand team to advance the needs of consumers and the edit function
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
Bachelor's degree journalism.
Experience: 7 to 10 years in digital editorial with increasing responsibility
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must be passionate about the lifestyle category and be in the know on trends. Must excel at setting editorial strategy and developing processes and a high performing team to execute that strategy. Knowledge of Google Analytics, AdWords and Advance Web Rankings or similar tools.
% Travel Required (Approximate) : 5%