Open Access Sales Manager
- Full Time
This is a new role within the Journals Sales Team. With the support of the Journals Sales Managers, the post holder is responsible for the development, promotion and sales of Open Access solutions within the Americas region.
A core part of the role includes promotion of Open Access services to the higher education and research community, as well as assisting in the development of sales strategy and product development.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to input into the direction, scope and development of the role moving forward.
- To work closely with key colleagues to increase revenue from APCs across the region
- To implement a strategy that identifies opportunity for growth in the territory
- To approach institutions - both HEIs and research funding bodies to promote T&F’s OA programme and explain possible funding schemes and promotion
- Develop the expansion of OA pre-payment schemes within the region
- Develop new sales schemes in the territory which tie in with T&F’s OA strategy
- Keep abreast of the developing initiatives of other publishers and funding bodies
- Prospect for new customers in countries that are developing their OA mandate
- Identify promotional needs internally and promotional opportunities externally to maximize promotion and revenue building
- Provide quotes and negotiate with existing and new customers to increase revenue
Knowledge and experience of..
- The the North and South America region in terms of higher education and research funding
- Have at least three (3) years of Sales or Marketing experience
- Have excellent knowledge of Open Access and initiatives within the region
- Proven track record of coordinating successful sales campaigns
They will also posess the following skills and behaviours
- Possess excellent organization, negotiation, presentation and communication (both written and verbal) skills
- To be a great communicator
- Be creative
- Willingness to take the lead
- Have the ability to be resourceful and have good judgement
- Project leading skills
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
This position is based at our office in Philadelphia, PA.
Taylor & Francis Group partners with researchers, scholarly societies, universities and libraries world-wide to bring knowledge to life. As one of the world’s leading publishers of scholarly journals, books, eBooks and reference works our content spans all areas of Humanities, Social Sciences, Behavioural Sciences, Science and Technology.
From our network of offices in Oxfordshire, New York, Philadelphia, Boca Raton, Boston, Melbourne, Singapore, Beijing, Tokyo, Malaysia, Stockholm, New Delhi and Johannesburg, Taylor & Francis staff provide local expertise and support to our editors, societies and authors and tailored, efficient customer service to our library colleagues.