The editorial team at realtor.com, part of the News Corp. media empire, is hiring an intern to work with us on some core projects this summer.
At realtor.com, we're breaking news and offering sage advice to guide people as they buy, sell, and maintain what is arguably the biggest and most important purchase of their lives: their home.
We’re looking for a savvy, well-organized and detail-oriented person with good editorial judgment to help us create fun, engaging and informative stories for our site, in video and print.
Our ideal candidate is excited about storytelling in different media and has a good sense of what works in video, online, and on social media. They're also motivated, flexible, capable of assisting on video shoots and are expert communicators. A big part of this role will involve reaching out to Realtors and other real estate experts to develop video projects for our high-profile new video initiative. Our ideal candidate would also be highly organized and able to help with content management for our site.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write video scripts/on-screen copy
- Highlight key facts and information from articles to convert into video
- Reach out to Realtors to recruit them for user-generated video initiative
- Assist on video shoots
- Syndicate stories from sister publications such as the Wall Street Journal, Marketwatch, and New York Post
- Manage content in Wordpress
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Enrollment in a journalism or film/video program
- Journalistic skills and judgment (clips required)
- Excellent communication skills
Other desirable qualifications:
- Experience with video writing/production/post production
- Some knowledge of Wordpress, SEO
This is a paid internship for 3-5 days a week, based in Santa Clara, California. It can begin immediately and extend through September.