- Full Time
The EWTN Producer-Editor coordinates creative and logistical aspects of various types of EWTN Productions, including but not limited to: Co-Productions, Series, Specials, Live Shows, Special Events, Daily Mass, etc. In addition, he/she will edit these productions maintaining proper artistic and technical standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates with the Director of Studio Operations, Supervising Producer, Crew Chief, Scheduler and Post Production Supervisor on, crew, scheduling and post production issues.
- Works on overall program production related activities associated with proper completion of the production or series from conception to final product.
- Contacts talent; organizes scripts.
- Coordinates with Set Designer on set requirements and with Creative Services Department on graphic requirements.
- Coordinates and Schedules each day’s production(s).
- Insures transportation and housing requirements of guests have been met.
- Secures performance releases and copyright clearances as required by that specific production.
- Coordinates with third parties contributing content to EWTN.
- Maintains information files on each program and provides information to Promotions, Scheduling, Traffic, Marketing and any other Departments as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Studio Operations.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in broadcast/cable TV production/programming or a related visual arts field.
- Demonstrated leadership.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- High quality writing and editing skills.
- Proficient planning skills; setting goals, organizing, analyzing & fact gathering.
- Strong attention to detail and follow through.
- Superior communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Catholic Faith, the Magisterium, and how they relate to the programming goals of the network.
- Strong non-linear editing skills (Adobe or Avid preferred).
- Field Production experience, especially camera operating is desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or equivalent professional experience