Vice President, Public Relations
- Full Time
Position: Vice President, Public Relations
Primary Areas of Responsibility: Support the SVP in the development, implementation and management of the public relations program, both directly and as managed by agencies, and internal communications efforts.
Reports to: SVP, Communications, Marketing and Publishing
Works closely with: Communications, Digital, Marketing and Research Departments
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write messages, press releases, blog posts, social media content and bylines; develop executive briefing materials.
- Establish, nurture and proactively manage relationships with target media outlets and contacts; act as association spokesperson for regional and trade press opportunities.
- Integrate public relations strategies into marketing initiatives focused on existing members and building awareness across new potential member bases.
- Develop social media content for key executives; coordinate with broader digital marketing team.
- Assist with content development and updates for sections of ICSC’s website.
- Consult and partner with key business leaders including those in research, advocacy and education departments on communications to address and inform strategic business needs.
- Develop and implement internal communications strategies that engage and motivate employees in achieving business goals, and that advance the culture; oversee Association Intranet.
- 12+ years of proven ability to develop strategic public relations/communications programs and successfully execute upon them.
- Excellent media relations skills, prior experience as company spokesperson.
- Strong writing skills across multiple communication vehicles (including print, online, social media, etc.) and types (including press releases, bylines, social media content, plans, reports, etc.).
- Strong understanding of social media best practices and how to leverage these channels to educate and engage audiences on key communications platforms.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Excellent project management skills, with attention to detail; proactive and takes initiative.
- Proficiency and prior experience in managing agencies and outside vendors.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills. Must be capable of building successful relationships with internal clients, including those at the senior executive level.
- Experience in successfully leading communication efforts in a team environment.
- Retail / retail real estate industry background a plus.
Please submit resume and salary requirements for consideration.