Associate Vice President
- Full Time
Finn Partner is looking for a proactive, creative and experienced public relations professional to join the growing Finn Partners network nationwide and the firm’s Higher Education team in Washington, DC or NYC. Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 5 years of agency or in-house experience with particular expertise in media relations. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of today’s public relations field and a proven track record of media outreach and thought leadership programs for clients. Experience in higher education a plus.
- Maintain clear and consistent communications and provide counsel to clients.
- Create and execute short- and long-term media relations programs.
- Propose client program recommendations that will successfully reach client’s immediate and long-term goals.
- Maintain accurate records of staff hours and budgets.
- Work collaboratively with both in-person and virtual teams, as well as with clients.
- Assist with new business development activities.
- Be a team player on a cross-office team.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Agency experience is preferred; the ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience to be considered for the role.
- Is a proactive, solutions-minded professional capable of managing the day-to-day execution of several client accounts or projects simultaneously.
- Has contacts and placed stories in national media outlets.
- Exhibits strong oral, writing and editing skills with clear, concise and informative writing abilities.
- Able to develop and execute creative strategy across traditional and social platforms.
- Has proven ability to handle and manage fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
Finn Partners was launched in late 2011 to realize Peter Finn's vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Specialty areas include technology, consumer, education, travel & lifestyle, CSR, arts, health, and public and corporate affairs.
Finn Partners was named “Best Midsize Agency” in 2015, "Best Agency to Work For" in 2013 and "Best New Agency" in 2012 by the industry's Holmes Report. Headquartered in New York City, the company has approximately 500 employees, with offices in Chicago, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, San Francisco and Washington D.C., and has additional international capabilities through its own global network and PROI Worldwide. Find us at www.finnpartners.com and follow us on Twitter @finnpartners.
While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those with whom we have a greater interest.